News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malicious Intent

Soviet heavies will be revamped in a few weeks, so your IS4 will soon be tier 10. Public testing of 7.3 is allegedly to begin in the last third of this month.

Berkut

You know, I forgot all about that. Maybe I should focus on the E-75 instead...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

If anything, I would focus even more on getting the IS-7.  I imagine that having both IS-4 and IS-7 would give you a free ride through a number of new heavies.

Berkut

Yeah, so I just checked.

My IS-4 will move to T10. I will get a free Object 252 (new Tier 9)

My KV will be replaced by the Kv-1, and I will get a free KV-2 as well.

Pretty nice...

0 rows returned

Tamas

too bad I just spent all my credits re-shuffling my tanks, after a brief time in an S-51 and SU-100. Going back to T-25, and doing french lights instead, thankyouverymuch!

I will need to farm credits to purchase a KV-3 quickly. Having that on stock will also result in a new tank and garage slot.

Faeelin

Welp, inspired by PAX, I went ahead and downloaded a copy and went gold.

Am I correct in that the game keeps you with your tier tanks? That is, I will never see my crappy starting Renault up against a Tiger?

frunk

Quote from: Faeelin on April 11, 2012, 07:31:09 AM
Welp, inspired by PAX, I went ahead and downloaded a copy and went gold.

Am I correct in that the game keeps you with your tier tanks? That is, I will never see my crappy starting Renault up against a Tiger?

See this woefully out of date chart.  Match the tier and type of your tank, and that'll tell you your potential battle tiers.  When you are picked for a match it is assigned a battle tier, and you'll meet a semi-random assortment of other tanks that also can participate in that battle tier.

So no, as a tier 1 you'll never encounter worse than a tier 2, and in fact as a new player I believe the first ~10 games are training games, only against other tier 1s.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 10, 2012, 09:43:08 PM
Yeah, so I just checked.

Pretty nice...
Is there a full explanation of which tanks/modules you need to have to get every freebie from the revamp?  And what happens to your IS-4 experience if you never do use it to upgrade to IS-7?

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 11, 2012, 08:18:39 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 10, 2012, 09:43:08 PM
Yeah, so I just checked.

Pretty nice...
Is there a full explanation of which tanks/modules you need to have to get every freebie from the revamp?  And what happens to your IS-4 experience if you never do use it to upgrade to IS-7?

If you have a KV, it becomes a KV-1. If you have researched the second turret, you get a free KV-2 with 100% crew and slot.

If you have a KV-3 it moves to Tier 7, becomes the new KV-3 with same research setup. Additionally, you will get a free stock T-150, 100% crew, and garage slot.

If you have a IS-4, it moves to Tier 10, becomes the new IS-4 with the same research setup. Additionally, you get a free stock Object 252, 100% crew, garage slot.

I don't know what happens to XP on the IS-4, that is a very good question. Right now I have some 60k on it towards the IS-7.

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

DGuller

Goddamn it.  A fucking T8 killed my Tiger P, when we were the last two remaining.  You know you missed a golden opportunity when you get 1250 XP from a loss.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 11, 2012, 12:09:53 PM
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/113841-more-specific-73-update-details/
:hmm: I speak English, I speak Russian, and yet neither of those skills seem to be useful in interpreting that post.

Berkut

Pretty nice deals this weekend for the 1 year anniversary.

http://worldoftanks.com/

0 rows returned

frunk

Dammit, I bought my Panther yesterday.

Faeelin

There are some tanks which just can't penetrate other tanks' armor, right? My Panzer III appears to be hitting some units, but I'm doing no damage to them?