News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
I think in general just about all the Tier V elited vehicles are pretty good credit machines. That seems to be the sweet spot. So what you are looking for there are T5 tanks that have a good gun, so they can punch above their weight when they end up in T8 matches.

StugIII
PZIV

are both good, because they have the 75L70 gun that can damage up into T7.

The M4 doesn't have quite as much pen, but has a ridiculous ROF. The KV of course has the rather insane for T5 107mm. I've never played it, but I would guess the SU-85 would also be a great credit generator.

The M4 is a T6 tank....?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Shade

Haha for whatever reason I was seeing 6's and not 4's sorry my pardon.

Kleves

Are Russian TDs any good? I really like the American and German TDs, but have never tried the Russian ones.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

Quote from: Kleves on November 13, 2011, 09:16:35 PM
Are Russian TDs any good? I really like the American and German TDs, but have never tried the Russian ones.
Depends on your style.  They certainly can't stand any heat, but they often pack a lot of it.

DGuller

Is it just me, or do higher tier tanks kill the motivation to play the game?  I've tricked out my IS-3, put in 60k of XP towards IS-4, and I still have 100k XP to go.  That translates to 150 battles.  Just the thought of that makes me go "fuck it"; that's not fun anymore, that's just a grind.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on November 16, 2011, 12:48:34 PM
Is it just me, or do higher tier tanks kill the motivation to play the game?  I've tricked out my IS-3, put in 60k of XP towards IS-4, and I still have 100k XP to go.  That translates to 150 battles.  Just the thought of that makes me go "fuck it"; that's not fun anymore, that's just a grind.

A little bit. Which is why I play a bunch of different tanks.

I actually try to ignore the XP requirements for the "next" tank, and just play to have fun, increase my kill rate, etc.

However, I have enough XP for the IS-4 now, but nowhere near enough credits...

0 rows returned

Berkut

A bigger problem for me is my E-50. It is elite, and is a great tank. But the only thing I get for playing it is XP which I then have to pay cash to convert to free XP.

I would love to have the ability to convert my elite XP to credits instead, for example....

0 rows returned

frunk

I've pretty much stopped playing, although I might pick it up again at some later point.  The GW Tiger was dull as dishwater, even though I had a pretty good record with it.  Firing around 3 shots every two minutes and not having near the maneuverability of the GW Panther didn't hold my interest.  I tried getting into TDs and I've been grinding the German Meds for a while.  Both were fun but not as fun as Arty.

Kleves

You guys might want to try the Thanksgiving Special. I just got 7,550XP in a single match with my PIV.  :showoff:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

frunk

I just got 3400 xp in my SU-26.  Yeah, I'm playing the other Arty lines now.  The SU-26 is a monster.  I don't see why it isn't considered ridiculously overpowered.

Berkut

Quote from: frunk on November 24, 2011, 07:34:05 PM
I just got 3400 xp in my SU-26.  Yeah, I'm playing the other Arty lines now.  The SU-26 is a monster.  I don't see why it isn't considered ridiculously overpowered.

It is the SU-x that makes it not OP.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: frunk on November 24, 2011, 07:34:05 PM
Yeah, I'm on that one as well.  Really ridiculously overpowered when matched with the lower tiers.  I actually have way more success with it when I play it like a Wolverine, a TD with a turret, than as an arty.

DGuller

That SU-152 is sweet.  It's a bit of a bitch to get it into a favorable situation, but when you shoot at someone, you know you're going to hurt them.  It's like a derp KV, only much more practical.

Berkut

My T28 with the monster gun is really growing on me.

I actually like that I have to be pretty thinking about how to use it. It is the exact opposite of a tank like the E-50, that is well rounded and capable in multiple situations. The T28 has a pretty narrow useability range, but oh when it gets into the right spot at the right time, it is freaking awesome.

0 rows returned