Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on October 23, 2011, 11:08:07 PM
Nice!

Did you get any enemy tanks this time?
No, I couldn't get to the enemy tanks.  They were at our base.

DGuller

I'm kicking ass with the Easy 8 today.  I killed a T34 and and JadgPanther in one match, while near the bottom of the list.  I found that sticking with one heavy tank, and then flanking when the heavy engages, can work very well for a medium tank.  That T34 wasn't even looking at me while I kept the rounds going in his ass.

Shade

Quote from: Habbaku on October 23, 2011, 06:57:24 PM
Ditto with what Shade said.  I liked the T1 plenty and did OK with it.  The Lee was absolutely awful, though.  I'm starting to think the T-43 (Soviet medium) is even worse, however.

really? I have never played a t-34 but when I play against them they seem nice... pretty fast decent damage almost seems as though you can go circles around most tanks.... or am i getting confused with a different t-30's

Tamas

I have the 128mm on the Ferdi, and it is indeed a huge improvement. Also, the first engine upgrade (got tracks from free xp upon purchase). And that is also very nice because - you can't really sit idle unless you are guaranteedly covered from arty. Which is kinda stupid, but with such small maps it is unavoidable I guess.

But when you line up against a hill or something knowing you are safe, it can be pretty nice. And when there are no SPGs and you are around top tier - I go into assault gun mode and usually support advances. Things just melt in front of me, as I wreak havoc while the enemy goes "ding, ding" on my armor.  :cool:

edit: you can easily recognize experienced players / players who has driven a Ferdie btw.
eg. noob Type 59er would get into a shooting contest with me. But an experienced one just races towards me, swallows the shot it gets from me, and then kills me from behind.

DGuller

I have to say, Lowes never bothered me much, but Type 59s are just too much.  They are just way too potent of a tank, especially in packs.

Habbaku

Quote from: Shade on October 24, 2011, 08:05:59 AM
Ditto with what Shade said.  I liked the T1 plenty and did OK with it.  The Lee was absolutely awful, though.  I'm starting to think the T-43 (Soviet medium) is even worse, however.

really? I have never played a t-34 but when I play against them they seem nice... pretty fast decent damage almost seems as though you can go circles around most tanks.... or am i getting confused with a different t-30's

T-43 != T-34.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

I dread even starting playing T-43.  It seems like a T-34-85, a tank which I so thoroughly enjoyed and thought the day would never come when I would get enough XP to be able to stop enjoying it, with slightly more armor added.

Berkut

I started the Soviet medium line so that me and Habs could platoon in the same vehicles, since neither of us had gone down that line.

I ahve to say, with the exception of the T-34 with the 57mm gun, not a single vehicle has been much fun to play. Maybe they just don't appeal to my play style, but they all seem very generic. They do ok, but not great. They don't really have any particular thing about any of them that makes them interesting.

I got all the way to the T-43, got it completely researched excepting the T-44, and sold it. Meh.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

The thing that annoys me most about Soviet mediums are the guns.  In the mediums, you need to fire fast and move. 

Good luck firing any Soviet gun within 5 seconds of stopping and actually hitting what you intended, and not some random object that appears somewhere on your screen instead.  It also doesn't help that your T-34-85 has weak armor on the front, side, back, and all over the turret.

Shade

Quote from: Habbaku on October 24, 2011, 09:15:24 AM
Quote from: Shade on October 24, 2011, 08:05:59 AM

T-43 != T-34.

Hehe which is why i should not read anything before I wake up... and also why I was so confused   :blush:

Berkut

Hell, for that matter T-34 != T34.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

The new matchmaker doesn't seem to be any better than the old one.  I'm still just as often in the bottom half as I am in the top half.

Habbaku

The T29 is a really fun tank.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Curiously enough, I think I did better with T29 when it had a 90mm cannon, somehow I went on a tear with it much more often.  :hmm:  Maybe it was just beginner's luck.

DGuller

I've had one of the funniest episode in WoT yet.  I was in a T-50, and along with Leopard we're scouting deep into the territory.  Along the way we encounter a pair of enemy T-50s.  A long 60 kph dogfight ensues, where me and my wingman are chasing the enemy and his wingman all over the map, to much comic effect.  Eventually I get both T-50s and neither of us take much damage from their fire.  Unfortunately, near the end of the chase, me and the Leopard crash into each other while trying to finish off the second T-50, and take half our health off each other.  :face: