News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malicious Intent

In addition, HE seems to have a higher chance to achieve critical hits, like killing crew members.
It's penetration value also is not lowered due to distance to the target. The projectile flies slower though.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 25, 2011, 03:41:51 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 25, 2011, 03:31:38 PM
Quote from: frunk on August 25, 2011, 03:28:06 PM
Sometimes, when a target has a great deal of armor, HE is a better choice over AP.

:lol:

thanks guys, I knew I could count on you.

You could further enlighten me on that, however, seeing that the anti-strong-armor solution HE has miniscule armor penetration. Not to mention that my general assumption was that the AP ammunition was invented to go through armor the general HE shells couldn't. I clearly assumed wrong.

HE ammo creates a heat wave that "washes" over the target in a cone after impact, and effectively "seeks" weak points in the armour. It does spalling damage rather than penetrating.

If you penetrate with a HE shell, the effect is typically devastating, but even if you don't it will almost always do some damage although HE can sometimes bounce aswell though it's only happened to me a few times. HE can also do proximity damage although the effect is very limited in the shells for most tank guns.

Hence, when you find yourself in a fight against a higher tiered tank that you can't penetrate even if you flank him or in a situation where it's important that your next shot does damage against an opponent that for instance has only 1% of his hitpoints left [yes, Berkut, you fucking ass-cunt, I am calling you out again] it's typically a good idea to switch to HE.

Hey, I am just glad you took my advice and read the wiki. It has clearly helped you out quite a bit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 25, 2011, 03:53:43 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 25, 2011, 03:41:51 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 25, 2011, 03:31:38 PM
Quote from: frunk on August 25, 2011, 03:28:06 PM
Sometimes, when a target has a great deal of armor, HE is a better choice over AP.

:lol:

thanks guys, I knew I could count on you.

You could further enlighten me on that, however, seeing that the anti-strong-armor solution HE has miniscule armor penetration. Not to mention that my general assumption was that the AP ammunition was invented to go through armor the general HE shells couldn't. I clearly assumed wrong.

HE ammo creates a heat wave that "washes" over the target in a cone after impact, and effectively "seeks" weak points in the armour. It does spalling damage rather than penetrating.

If you penetrate with a HE shell, the effect is typically devastating, but even if you don't it will almost always do some damage although HE can sometimes bounce aswell though it's only happened to me a few times. HE can also do proximity damage although the effect is very limited in the shells for most tank guns.

Hence, when you find yourself in a fight against a higher tiered tank that you can't penetrate even if you flank him or in a situation where it's important that your next shot does damage against an opponent that for instance has only 1% of his hitpoints left [yes, Berkut, you fucking ass-cunt, I am calling you out again] it's typically a good idea to switch to HE.

Hey, I am just glad you took my advice and read the wiki. It has clearly helped you out quite a bit.

:D

That didn't work the last 5 times, and I assure you there is little probability of it working in the future.  :hmm:

Should we do another round of comparing stats?  :P

Slargos

I just got a KV-1S with the reduced price. Very timely. Only had to spend 2k free xp in order to get it today.

QuotePrices for Т-34, SU-76, KV-1S, PzKpfw III/IV, PzKpfw IV, PzKpfw VI Tiger, M7, M4A3E8 Sherman and T1 Heavy reduced by half!

I still can't shake the string of horrendous results in my KT. It might be that my play style simply lends itself to playing TDs or mediums rather than heavies. KT has dropped to low 40s while DB+ and most TDs are in the high 50s or even low 60s.

Slargos

Managed to get the JagdPanther up to a solid 1.38 average kills and 61% victory.

Slargos

This is a great game, but it can be so goddamned frustrating.

I just played my daily double in the hummel, and end up in a 5-4 SPG advantage game where in addition our SPGs are higher tiered than the opposition, and in the early stage I knock one out giving us a probably around 50-60% advantage in artillery firepower.

What does our team do?

Camp.

For 5 minutes straight.

No one attempts to spot. Not a SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

When prompted to move forward, they complain about being "unable to move" on account of the overwhelming number of opposing SPGs.

Eventually, I have to move forward myself and play a goddamned artillery scout in a bid to get the game going.

I sometimes wonder if this game is actually a tool of Lucifer's, with the purpose of fomenting a deep and seething hatred of humanity, because every day it feels more and more like nuclear weapons is the only way to cleans this infestation of stupidity.

SPGs as anti-camping tools my hairy fucking ass. :bleeding:

DGuller

That StuG III sure is effective in battle.  :hmm:  I think those KVs just got annoyed to death from the sounds of my shells bouncing.

DontSayBanana

Had the most hilarious battle last night: I was the second or third casualty, thanks to a moron teammate ramming me, dropping half my health and busting my left tread, while moving out in the first minute.  The rest of the team didn't fare much better; with five minutes left to go, only one teammate was left.

This could have been an easy capture win for the other team, but their only remaining tank seemed to think we were psyching him out (in reality, our last tank was actually stuck glitched against a rock in a corner of the map).  End result: DRAW.
Experience bij!

Slargos

Slowly improving the stats. .87/531 frag/xp average.  :hmm:

Threviel

Wohooo, got the KV. Damn stock KV sucks ass, I give perhaps 2-5% damage after a good hit. Wellwell, first I'll research the new tower (but not put it on), then the 122.

DGuller

I've decided to take a 2-month hiatus from WoT.  It's so damn addictive that it interferes too much with my studying.

JonasSalk

I usually play a couple of hours every day now, but yeah, it does get in the way of my school stuff, too.

That said, I now have a Hetzer and I'm desperately trying to upgrade the cannon on it. I have the best engine, which is very nice, as otherwise I'd be moving like a snail. I've learned to cower in fear of KVs and T1 HTs because I can do virtually nothing to them while they can almost always 1-shot me.
Yuman

Stonewall

Picked up my E-75.  What a dream machine.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

The IS-3 + BL-9 > IS-3  ~BL-9.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 31, 2011, 03:41:28 PM
The IS-3 + BL-9 > IS-3  ~BL-9.
Honestly, I didn't feel much of a difference.  I only played with BL-9 for maybe a dozen games at most, but it didn't really change the tank around for me all that much.  I expected it to penetrate most tanks, but it still bounces a lot.