News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Well. The only decision now will be one of whether to sell or keep the Panther I.

Since I'm not going to pay for Premium anymore it may be necessary to keep a few low tier tanks aruond for credits though I guess Løwe will be more than enough...

Hah. They stole the equipment I had mounted on my Panther. I hope it's in the Depot.  :mad:

DGuller

You're not going to pay for Premium?  Why?

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2011, 09:53:33 AM
You're not going to pay for Premium?  Why?

I got a bit aggravated when they mocked the players of German tanks in their weekly video in the segment "E-Series. Hello losers."

I don't feel like spending money when they're consistently treating the German line like shit out of some insipid nationalist fervor.

Slargos

Well. Panther II feels like a pretty big step up from the Panther I, even though same tier. I just raped the fuck out of 2 Panther II, 1 Panther, 1 Løwe and an IS-3 on Himmelsdorf on the hill, together with a Løwe and a Panther. First time I've successfully used speed, maneuver and cover to defeat a superior force. Managed to knock out a P2, the IS-3 and seriously damage another Panther II.

Sure, they eventually got all three of us, but given the numerical advantage they shouldn't have suffered the casualties they did.

Slargos

Oh I am REALLY warming up to the new Tier 8 medium.

I just killed a Löwe in peekaboo since the tank is agile enough to pop out and fire sometimes before the opposing heavy has time to aim properly, and once he's fired and missed there's ample time for up to 2 shots before you have to dodge his next one. Simply amazing. It also fires well on the move and penetrates even a Tier 9 head on.

x infinity. I am a killing MACHINE in the Panther II. I wonder if this is how T-54 drivers feel.

DGuller

Jesus, the German tech tree has now become the German tech spiderweb.  And why the fuck did I sell 3001H just a couple of days before this patch? :bleeding:

Slargos

Words cannot express how much I'm enjoying the new Panther.

This is starting to look like the typical match, and I haven't had this good a run for this long since forever.

Kill 2-4, tag 3-4, detect a couple.

The only games I walk from without a frag are the ones where I'm in the bottom third (edit: or when I literally run into another Panther II in the open as my first move :bleeding: ) and even then it's a tossup. I just forced a KV-5 to retreat in an open country front-to-front long range sniper duel since I was literally dodging his shots.

Simply amazing.

Berkut

Getting a new pool put in. The bobcat operator promptly cut my cable line yesterday morning. Just getting the patch now...and slargos is making me drool to try on my new Panther II...

And I bet a million fake internet dollars that slargos does not stop paying for premium.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 11, 2011, 08:49:53 AM
Getting a new pool put in. The bobcat operator promptly cut my cable line yesterday morning. Just getting the patch now...and slargos is making me drool to try on my new Panther II...

And I bet a million fake internet dollars that slargos does not stop paying for premium.

I will take that bet.

Of course, it might only be a couple of days of not playing premium before I am back on the hook, but right now I'm off it.

Per the typical Steam bullshit, we're also being 20-40% overcharged on our gold compared to Americans. They're doing the usual "It's the VAT!" nonsense.

Since I already have the Löwe and I'm consistently making money I think I will be fine without premium aswell although now that I'm joining a clan that's active in Clan Wars I might get gold anyway, or be forced to pay for gold in order to be competitive.

Slargos

They have done one smart thing though, and that is using a torrent for the download of the patch. Got about 1.5MB/s when downloading it.

DGuller

Well, they are Russians.  Using torrents is in their blood.

Berkut

This is just ridiculous. All the more reason to despise the Lowe.

Just a straight out credit farming tool.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Mother-fucking-artillery. I am never using artillery again.

Match in my M7 Priest.

16 shots fired.

1 hit.

For 4 damage.

0 rows returned

frunk

How expensive are the Priest's shells?  I didn't hit a thing the first 10 matches I played with my Bison.  Since then I hardly ever do that poorly unless I get wiped out early.

Important considerations:

You should almost always wait until the aiming oval has fully settled, unless there are multiple targets in the area, the target is large or the target is close.
Make sure the line is green all the way to the target.
Try to pick a shot where the green dots are close to the target and not scattered either by the slope, buildings, trees or other obstacles.
Ideally your target shouldn't be moving, but if he is you'll have to time the movement with the distance to the target.  Don't even bother until you get more comfortable.
Targets moving across your field of vision instead of directly toward or away from you are much harder to hit, as you'll have to reposition your vehicle which messes up your targeting.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 11, 2011, 02:54:40 PM
This is just ridiculous. All the more reason to despise the Lowe.

Just a straight out credit farming tool.

Le sigh. For €30 I should think so!

It's a straight up 50% bonus to credits, nothing else. The reason you get such high amounts is that the gun does high damage. I get a lot of 80k matches in my Ferdinand and King Tiger aswell.