World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 04, 2011, 03:58:01 PM
Ahh, I see what you mean.

A better way to look at it:

Right now I have a German Tier 8 tank.

After the patch, I will have a German Tier 8 tank, and a free German Tier 7 tank for my trouble, have a nice day.

Well, if you want to put it that crudely. Yes.  :P

katmai

Loving the Sherman with 76mm, gotten sniper a few times with it since put that gun on it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

I think the American 76mm is an underrated gun. I thought both the M10 and the M36 were great TDs with it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Re: The purported Soviet Bias mechanic.

Nice greeting from Wargaming net it says: E-Series "Hello Loosers"

At 0:22 Look at what is standing underneath E-Series.
There is writen E-Series "Hallo Versager!" which means "Hello Loosers!".

Dont know what i should think about this statement.

Regards

Found this at the WoT forum. Pretty goddamned hilarious.

In this light, Paradox's insistence on handouts to Sweden in EU is peanuts.  :lol:

Slargos

A-20 is a fast little fucker, I'll give it that. But it does seem to be ranked against pretty stiff opposition most of the time.

Question for you commies who went the soviet route: Did you elite it, or just breeze on through to the T-34? I figure 10-13 days of double-bonus should get me through the T-34 but it will be a pain in the ass without the engine which can of course be used in the T-34 aswell. I guess I just answered my own question there. Engine > T-34 it is.

Slargos

Heh. The KV derp is pretty hilarious in teh right setting. Just got into a match in the top 3 tanks, and a bunch ofmediums and lights were cowering behind a rock instead of all zerging me. So I wait for a HE reload, and sneak around the corner to tag one of the mediums. Take 80% off him but also get a kill and it takes me a moment to realize that the Pz38 BEHIND him died from the blast.  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: Slargos on August 05, 2011, 08:46:56 AM
A-20 is a fast little fucker, I'll give it that. But it does seem to be ranked against pretty stiff opposition most of the time.

Quote from: Slargos on July 29, 2011, 08:13:07 AMAs long as you understand (and it seems a lot of people don't) that your role as a light in anything but a battle against mostly other lights is to spot for the heavies, TDs and SPGs you can do important work. In fact, I'd say you could even go into battle without ammo for all the good it will do you. The only time you should even shoot is when you're able to sneak up on a SPG.

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2011, 10:47:03 AM
Quote from: Slargos on August 05, 2011, 08:46:56 AM

Quote from: Slargos on July 29, 2011, 08:13:07 AMAs long as you understand (and it seems a lot of people don't) that your role as a light in anything but a battle against mostly other lights is to spot for the heavies, TDs and SPGs you can do important work. In fact, I'd say you could even go into battle without ammo for all the good it will do you. The only time you should even shoot is when you're able to sneak up on a SPG.

:P

:lol:

I know, I know.

It just feels much worse when *I* am the one ranked against tier 8s in a tier 4.  :P

Syt

I find that the A-20 becomes very valuable late in high tiered match. When only 6, 7 tanks per side survive and carefully prod around the map you can make the difference in the hide&seek.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Saw a post on the forum with someone bitching that the Panther was "losing" the 88L71, and how terribly unfair that was.

A long 88 on a tier 7 tank would be freaking hilarious...

0 rows returned

Slargos

Gun for the Tier 7 Soviet Medium

230/230/330(HP)
175/235/50(mm)
7.06-8.5(r/m)
0.37(m)
2.5(s)
Gun for the Tier 7 German Medium

220/220/270(HP)
132/171/44(mm)
10(r/m)
0.33(m)
2.0(s)
88L71

220/220/270(HP)
203/237/44(mm)
9.84(r/m)
0.30(m)
2.5(s)

Sure, it would be a bit overpowered, about by the same token that the Russian gun is today when compared to the German gun.

Berkut

Yeah, but if we accept that that Russian gun is the top line for T7 guns, then if we suddenly overtop THAT by a bunch then it would just be making the problem that much worse.

Right now, the T7 matchup works out ok, I think. The Soviet gun has better pen, the German fires faster and is a bit more accurate. BUt having played the German T7, that extra Russian pen just means it does a little better matched up against higher tiers. A Panther T7 with a 88L71 would be blowing away T9 tanks pretty easily, whereas the current Russian T7 gun just gets to bang on T7 heavies and T8 mediums.

The new German T7 gun is going to be the 75L100. Which I guess will have great pen, but moderate damage? Seems ok, at least you can hurt higher tiers, if not that much?

0 rows returned

Berkut

That D10T is a rather nice gun though, isn't it? Especially at Tier 7. And there I was thinking that the DB with the short 88 was all that...

Whadya gonna do though? Russian game...

0 rows returned

DGuller

For some reason, that Soviet Tier VII gun doesn't work for me.  My stats for T-34-85 are just pathetic.  I must be missing some secret to playing that tank in a way that is not sucky.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 05, 2011, 03:29:24 PM
Yeah, but if we accept that that Russian gun is the top line for T7 guns, then if we suddenly overtop THAT by a bunch then it would just be making the problem that much worse.

Right now, the T7 matchup works out ok, I think. The Soviet gun has better pen, the German fires faster and is a bit more accurate. BUt having played the German T7, that extra Russian pen just means it does a little better matched up against higher tiers. A Panther T7 with a 88L71 would be blowing away T9 tanks pretty easily, whereas the current Russian T7 gun just gets to bang on T7 heavies and T8 mediums.

The new German T7 gun is going to be the 75L100. Which I guess will have great pen, but moderate damage? Seems ok, at least you can hurt higher tiers, if not that much?

I don't know what the new German gun looks like, but it is my decided opinion that German tanks are consistently undergunned.

The difference in accuracy is minute, and the increased ROF certainly doesn't help when the shots keep bouncing.

It's true that the L71 wouldn't work for a T7 tank, but it doesn't change the fact that the German tanks are shafted compared to their Soviet counterparts, consistently. Given the "hello losers" comment, it becomes even more agitating.

But the simple solution is switching to soviet tanks which I'm doing.  :hmm: