News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Doesn't the patch typically get released every two months on the 15th or so?  That would make it August 15, by my estimation.  That's probably not enough time for me to grind to the Panther, starting with 3001.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 04, 2011, 09:36:15 AM
Got the Panther researched and purchased. The grind really wasn't that bad - the 3002DB is an outstanding tank, I was very sad to have to sell it.

So when the patch comes, my Panther will be replaced by a free Panther II, and I will get a free stock Panther with a 100% crew. How do they adjust XP though? Will I get the XP to unlock that P2 added to my Panther?

I don't really want to actually play the Panther now, since I know the patch is going to be any day now.

I assume the Panther II will simply be unlocked.

I felt the same way about the DB and initially I was going to keep it but after starting to play the Panther I've found that it's more or less the same kind of tank, only more of everything. More HP, better armor, better agility, more penetration etc etc. Right now I'm mostly driving it for the fun of it, and I expect the XP will simply remain for the E-50 research so while I'm not grinding it I would think it's not time wasted.

The reason why I would expect this is of course that the Panther is currently Tier 8 and it would be natural for the XP to transfer to the new Tier 8, though that is of course not a given.

Playing a hard-hitting medium is quickly turning into my favourite game. Which is the main reason I've started down the soviet tree. The E-50 looks like it's not going to be able to compete with the T-54.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 09:51:50 AM
Doesn't the patch typically get released every two months on the 15th or so?  That would make it August 15, by my estimation.  That's probably not enough time for me to grind to the Panther, starting with 3001.

They initially said late july, and I've also seen reference to first week of August, but it's anyone's guess really.

But no, unless you use a lot of free XP I doubt it. You'll have to start over from the PzIII/IV.

Slargos

Quote• Introduction of E-50.
Players who have a Panther II in their garage at the time of the    revision will have it replaced with an E-50 with the respective module    setup (top engine will be changed for HL295 or added as a new one),    keeping their progress and old crew.
Players who have a Pz. V  Panther in their garage at the time of the   revision will have it  replaced with a Panther II with the respective   module setup (and 7.5 cm  KwK 45 L/100 gun), keeping their progress and   old crew, plus they will  get a tier 7 Pz. V Panther with a stock  setup,  an extra garage slot, and  a 100% crew.
  No additional refunds are planned..

So yes. Play the Panther to your heart's content. The XP will transfer.

You actually get the Panther replaced with a Panther II, and in addition you get a new Panther. So you're not actually getting a Panther II. Your Panther is simply renamed and reskinned. Same crew.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on August 04, 2011, 01:13:55 PM

They initially said late july, and I've also seen reference to first week of August, but it's anyone's guess really.

But no, unless you use a lot of free XP I doubt it. You'll have to start over from the PzIII/IV.
No, I don't, Pz IV gives you both the 3601 and the 3001.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 01:31:54 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 04, 2011, 01:13:55 PM

No, I don't, Pz IV gives you both the 3601 and the 3001.

If you'll look closer, the 3001 actually unlocks the 3601, not the other way around.

Crossing laterally is also more expensive than normal progress, so I expect your best bet will be the PzIII unless you believe that the higher XP production of the 36 and the 3002 will out weigh the higher cost.

Ehr, actually we may be talking past eachother here. Given the E-50 as an end goal, the PzIV is more or less useless. The 3001(P) has been moved to the Maus line, and 3001(H) is in the medium line. If you've gotten the 3002(DB) researched you're in a better position for the E-50 line, but essentially you're screwed either way unless you already have the Panther. Only having the 3001(P) is the most debilitating since it is moved completely out of the medium line.

DGuller

I'm talking about the present tree.  In the present tree, fully researching Panzer IV gives you two paths into Tier IV:  VK 3601 and VK 3001.  I have chosen the VK 3601 path so far, but I have the 3001 fully researched and ready to go if I so choose.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 01:44:04 PM
I'm talking about the present tree.  In the present tree, fully researching Panzer IV gives you two paths into Tier IV:  VK 3601 and VK 3001.  I have chosen the VK 3601 path so far, but I have the 3001 fully researched and ready to go if I so choose.

Why? It is about to be made completely irrelevant.  :huh:

If you want the E-50, you should look at what the patch will do to your progress. Having the 3001(P) researched is absolutely pointless for the purpose of getting the E-50 since the 3001(P) will unlock the Porsche-Tiger after the patch.

You keep saying the 3001, btw, but since there's two of them (H) and (P) I will admit it gets a bit confusing. If you're talkign about the 3001(H) you're certainly in a better position.  :D

Edit: Which, I suppose, you would be. Nevermind then.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on August 04, 2011, 01:47:13 PM
Because I'm trying to figure out if I have enough time to grind to a Panther before the update.  I want free stuff.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 02:02:35 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 04, 2011, 01:47:13 PM
Because I'm trying to figure out if I have enough time to grind to a Panther before the update.  I want free stuff.

There's a calculator on the worldoftanks page. It should be useful for the purpose.

Unless you already have a 3001(P) in hand, I doubt you even have a remote possibility. As it stands, you're looking at about what.. 150k or so from the 3001(P).

You'll have to work hard and/or expend a lot of free XP.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 04, 2011, 01:29:56 PM
You actually get the Panther replaced with a Panther II, and in addition you get a new Panther. So you're not actually getting a Panther II. Your Panther is simply renamed and reskinned. Same crew.

<confused>

Right now I have a Panther in my garage.

After the patch, I expect that Panther to have transformed into a Panther II.

And I expect to have another shiny new Panther I in a new garage slot, with a shiny new 100% crew.

So...I had 1 Panther I.

After patch I will have 1 Panther I, and 1 Panther II.

How is that NOT getting a Panther II?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 04, 2011, 02:35:07 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 04, 2011, 01:29:56 PM

<confused>

Right now I have a Panther in my garage.

After the patch, I expect that Panther to have transformed into a Panther II.

And I expect to have another shiny new Panther I in a new garage slot, with a shiny new 100% crew.

So...I had 1 Panther I.

After patch I will have 1 Panther I, and 1 Panther II.

How is that NOT getting a Panther II?

I'm glad you're asking the question instead of going on one of your usual rants.  :D

In the strictest, grumbleric sense, you're not getting a Panther II. Your Panther I is being reskinned and re-designated as Panther II. It is still a Tier 8 vehicle, and it still has the matching components and the same crew. For all practical intents and purposes, it is the same tank. [And the implication is obvious as concerns the XP. It doesn't matter what the Tier 7 tank is called when your XP progress has been made with the Tier 8 tank.]

What you're getting as your freebie is a fresh stock Panther I with a new crew.

DGuller

What what are the actually tank changes?  What was called Panther II will be called Panther I in the future?

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 02:53:57 PM
What what are the actually tank changes?  What was called Panther II will be called Panther I in the future?

They're moved one tier down and nerfed.

From what I can gather: The Panther II will likely have the capabilities possessed by the Panther I today, while the Panther I will turn into a closer sibling of 3002DB.

Berkut

Ahh, I see what you mean.

A better way to look at it:

Right now I have a German Tier 8 tank.

After the patch, I will have a German Tier 8 tank, and a free German Tier 7 tank for my trouble, have a nice day.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned