News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Assuming this tech tree (which I think includes more projected changes than just the next patch) is correct for the Germans, it won't matter whether or not I get the Panther now or later, since the change will pretty much be that my DB has become the same tech level as the Panther.

What it really means is that I've wasted a rather large amount of time. Oh well, the DB has been a lot of fun anyway.

What it reall
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Oh wait - but apparently if I do have a Panther, I get a free Panther II (since the Panther is moving down a Tier). So THAT would be nice...although that will seem kind of odd, since it means I won't ever really play the Panther much. That is like going up the Soviet tree and skipping over the T-34, or the US tree and missing the Sherman.

Kind of unfortunate that the DB gets turned into just a link vehicle, and likely won't be used much anymore.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Assuming you intend to get the E-50, your upgrade path after getting the Panther would be

Panther (Tier 7) turns into Panther II (Tier 8) which means your next research goal is E-50.

If you don't research the Panther, you would have to get it from the DB, then the Panther II, then the E-50.

You'd essentially be bumped one step back in the research chain.

This assuming of course that having researched the tier 8 medium (Panther) will mean that you've also gotten the new Tier 8 medium (Panther II) researched. Anything else would be very peculiar, since it would mean people would have the Panther II in their garage without having it researched.

So yes, it makes a big difference.

It's even worse for the Maus, since if you don't have VK 45 already researched, you'll have to start over from VK3001(P).

Luckily, I am fine with getting the E-100 instead, so I'm happy with the Tiger I XP simply being transferred to the Tiger II.

katmai

The 105mm on a sherman is fun, but god is it sloooow to load.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

:w00t: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter and Sniper all in one with the gold bought T14 :blush:

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on August 03, 2011, 06:02:33 PM
:w00t: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter and Sniper all in one with the gold bought T14 :blush:
Shh, be quiet, or Berkut will hear you. 

That T14 is a surprisingly potent tank, though.  For some reason, it manages to hit hard, while non-premium early American heavy tanks seem to be designed to blind the enemy tanks by blocking out the sun, at the expense of armor and armament.

katmai

Which is why i'm focusing on my Pershing and Patton and skipping the American heavies.

I'll go German if i want Heavies, i can't drive a Commie tank (agreeing with Slargos makes me :x)

Berkut

T5 heavy is not potent enough to really matter though. Nor are there enough of them to make much difference anyway.

Had one of those awesome matches. Got 5 kills in my JagdPzIV. 4 of the 5 were PZIVs where I drove down the middle of the map, hung a left turn, then drove up behind each of them in turn and stuck two rounds in their ass from about 5 feet away. One right after the other, as each on was pointed out towards the battles raging along the map edge.

It was fun, but I couldn't really feel like it took any skill. More like executing seals or something.

0 rows returned

frunk

Yeah, there's a lot of seal clubbing in the game.

katmai

Is the KV the only tank that gives a free garage slot?

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on August 03, 2011, 06:56:26 PM
Is the KV the only tank that gives a free garage slot?

A couple of others aswell. Nothing I expect you can reasonably get to before the patch. Should arrive any day now.

katmai

Ah gotcha, yeah once i go on location for work won't have much time to play anyways.

Slargos

To elaborate a bit: AFAIK KV is the lowest tier tank that gets a free slot, and this means that unless you're well under way towards one of the tanks in question you're looking at several hundred games at the very least.

I've been working my way towards the KV-3 (yes, I broke down and got the soviet tanks, I wanted to see whether the high tier tanks are as awesome as they seem to be) and I have about 10k to go, or about 15-20 matches.

katmai

You fucking turncoat!

Sigh the idiocy of people is frustrating, everybody rushing and end up with base getting capped numerous times...

Berkut

Got the Panther researched and purchased. The grind really wasn't that bad - the 3002DB is an outstanding tank, I was very sad to have to sell it.

So when the patch comes, my Panther will be replaced by a free Panther II, and I will get a free stock Panther with a 100% crew. How do they adjust XP though? Will I get the XP to unlock that P2 added to my Panther?

I don't really want to actually play the Panther now, since I know the patch is going to be any day now.

0 rows returned