And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Good question.  I doubt it.

DGuller

Wow, I'm going to go Slargos for just a minute. 

I'm watching the battle after being killed, and our base is attacked.  Two enemies attack the base, a medium and a Hetzer, and KV and a medium tank is defending.  Then KV decides to retreat out of sight, because he was damaged (at 37% of health), leaving the medium to take on both enemies.   :frusty: 

Sometimes I think tanks should also go blue for cowardice as well as for TKing, because players like that just need to be executed.  In real life that KV commander would surely be pointing his back of the head at the pistol of the NKVD officer, and justly so.

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on August 02, 2011, 11:32:19 PM
Kat, I don't have a JagdPanther....

It was german and a TD, the name was berkutt
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Ahh, that would be my JagdPzIV. Did I kill anything?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Hmm, surprised I don't remember the fight then...:P

0 rows returned

DGuller

:lol:

Wow, Wolverine is really one of the tanks that surprised me.  When I started playing it, I was really underwhelmed.  However, by the end of its run, it actually fought better than even VK 3601, my previous best performer.  To cap off its run, its last battle netted 7 kills (of course, everyone on our team still got killed :XD:).  The final stat was 80 kills in 71 matches.

Syt

I had a look at the various TD trees, and the U.S. one looks great, culminating in the Wolverine, but from there it seems to go downhill from there - their T9 TD has <20km/h speed? :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on August 03, 2011, 01:31:43 AM
I had a look at the various TD trees, and the U.S. one looks great, culminating in the Wolverine, but from there it seems to go downhill from there - their T9 TD has <20km/h speed? :bleeding:
It actually goes very much uphill from there.  Well, not the TDs themselves, they really can only go downhill at higher tiers, but they're virtually indestructible fortresses with huge, huge guns.

Slargos

I liked the idea of the T95 when I first saw it, and started down that tree (currently at the Wolverine) but after seeing their performance in battle and reading a few posts on them I stopped. From anecdotal evidence (IE watching the volume of fire and amount of kills), the Object is the best of the T9 TDs but it's a close race with the JgTiger.

I expect I would have more fun in the Object than the Tiger, since I prefer the sneakier and more agile Panther over the Ferdinand.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 02, 2011, 11:07:38 PM
Doesn't it suck when you run out of ammo before you run out of targets?  Grrrr.  I guess Wolverine designers didn't have much faith in its armor to plan for more than 30 rounds.

See, this I don't understand.

The only times I have time to run out of ammo is when I either forgot to pack any [it happened, once  :blush: ], or started with less than full complement because I lacked the cash to refill it.

But we've already established, I think, that you're a hip-firing surrender monkey.  :P [/i]

Slargos

Oh man. I just had a top-three kind of match.

King Tiger in Himmelsdorf, #2 tank, starting from the north.

Roll down the east lane by the park which is where I'm usually found when I'm in a heavy. Opponents decide to lemming west, and there's no opposition in the east. I stop by the big opening on the east side and take out two mediums inside the park. Then I notice the big brawl going on west of me, and I just sit there firing as quickly as I can into the unprotected sides of the tanks there. Take out another 2 tanks there. Turn north since they are moving on our flag. There I stumble on a KV right in front of me, and to the left a badly damaged M6 (38%) so I figure I'll get to work on the KV first and take the M6 after. At this point I'm a bit stressed because they outnumber us 8 to 4 and my allies are rapidly dwindling.

Miss a shot on the KV and turn to give the M6 some love. KV-5 staring right at me, at about 50%. Fuck. Reverse back into the park and take a shot at the KV, killing it. The KV-5 doesn't confront me, but instead speeds off towards the flag baring his unprotected ass at me as he goes. KV-5 takes a total of 4 hits before he goes, with 2 bounces so I'm really worried at this point. Down to 2 tanks now, with my lone remaining ally going for the cap.

I take out the M6 and start rolling towards our flag. My HP at this time is down to about 30% so I don't have much juice left. Flag is being taken by a completely fresh IS-3 and a StugIII. I get a shot off at the IS-3 to reduce the cap points, and the Stug hides behind him. Manage to get a shot off at the Stug and one more at the IS-3 before we win by capture.

My awards: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Defender, Wittman's Medal, Sniper.  :lol:

Slargos

Just took a look at the German tech tree btw. Yes, it's going to be pretty important to get the Panther before the update since it's going to be moved from T8 to T7.

The research path from DB after the update goes Panther->PantherII->E-50 while if you research the Panther now it goes ->E-50

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on August 03, 2011, 03:26:11 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 02, 2011, 11:07:38 PM
Doesn't it suck when you run out of ammo before you run out of targets?  Grrrr.  I guess Wolverine designers didn't have much faith in its armor to plan for more than 30 rounds.

See, this I don't understand.

The only times I have time to run out of ammo is when I either forgot to pack any [it happened, once  :blush: ], or started with less than full complement because I lacked the cash to refill it.

But we've already established, I think, that you're a hip-firing surrender monkey.  :P [/i]
I was in a math against heavies firing a derp gun.  I kept firing, and I kept hitting, but you can't take too many hit points off IS-3 in a Wolverine, although I was landing some pretty sweet shots.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 03, 2011, 04:57:25 AM
Just took a look at the German tech tree btw. Yes, it's going to be pretty important to get the Panther before the update since it's going to be moved from T8 to T7.

The research path from DB after the update goes Panther->PantherII->E-50 while if you research the Panther now it goes ->E-50

Right now it goes DB(7)->Panther(8)->Panther II(9). There is no E-50.

Post patch it goes Panther(7)->Panther II(8)->E-50(9), right?

I don't see any difference in whether I get the Panther now then - the path after the Panther doesn't matter since there is no way I am getting to whatever is post Panther. The only issue is whether or not the Panther still comes after the DB, right?

0 rows returned