Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Hey slargy, how do you see dmg dealt?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Damage is only summed, so you need to look at the total damage inflicted before and after the match and do your own increasingly complex calculations. :cry:

Damage(current)-Damage(previous)=Damage(Match) is the formula.  :P

You can check it in the stats page, either for each individual tank or in total.

katmai

Ah okay, was just wondering if was missing a simple stat page :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

DG, did you use the Konisch on the 3601 rather than the 88, or just until you had the 88 researched?

I've messed with it a little bit, and it is pretty cool with the awesome accuracy and ROF. Not really sure if it is actually viable or not as more than a gimmick though, unless you use gold ammo of course, and at 5g a shot with a 20 r/min ROF....yeah, not using gold ammo.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 02, 2011, 11:07:39 AM
DG, did you use the Konisch on the 3601 rather than the 88, or just until you had the 88 researched?

I've messed with it a little bit, and it is pretty cool with the awesome accuracy and ROF. Not really sure if it is actually viable or not as more than a gimmick though, unless you use gold ammo of course, and at 5g a shot with a 20 r/min ROF....yeah, not using gold ammo.
I didn't switch to 88 for good until some time after I researched it, but eventually I decided that 88 was more effective in combat than the pin-pricker.

Slargos

Problem I had with the konisch was that it bounced too much since the rapid ROF didn't allow me to aim properly.  :D

Syt

Idiocy: a team mate in a TD, in the open, facing 4 enemy mediums . . . and instead of finding cover he calls for help and tries to pick them all off.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Syt, that is pretty par for the course, to be honest. I am kind of amazed how often people just kind of "give up" and don't even try to get out of a bad situation - they just keep shooting. I guess maybe they figure they are toast anyway, and are trying to squeeze out a few more creds before they go or something?

I just had a game in my Slugger. I was lower middle of the tier ranking.

Killed:
SU85
Hetzer
KV-3

Damaged:
M4E2
M4E2
T20
SU100
IS
Something else

It was bizarre, except that it isn't. I was hit maybe twice, and in every single one of my kills, the targets just say there while I lit them up. Maybe they were shooting at someone else or something, but I never had to adjust my aim. Both my early kills and 2 damages I didn't even move from my starting location. Target. Aim. Kill. Target. Aim. Damage. Target. Aim. Damage. Target. Aim. Kill. None of them made me move my aiming reticle after the first shot.

27 shots fired, 20 hits. Our team won with 2 or 3 deaths.

I think there was a matchmaker glitch were they just stuck all the dumb people on one team to see what would happen.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Realistically, the only TDs quick enough to find cover when they are completely in the open are the ones who won't be able to take more than one or two hits before going kablooie.

Far better to attempt to at least get a final shot off in order to weaken them.

I got myself into a bad situation with my Ferdinand today, on that map with the island in the middle. Was defending north and it looked like they weren't coming so I decided to advance across the field. Big mistake. 3 mediums pop up and start brawling with our medium who'd already gone forward. Killed one of them and badly damaged the two others, but now I was in the open and SPGs were attempting to make sweet love to me from afar. I could've attempted to reverse out of the situation and crossed the bridge to relative safety, but I judged that just going forward would be the safer option. Managed to take another 2 shots before I was toast which was very unlikely to happen had I retreated.

Berkut

Yeah, but what I don't get is people who are NOT in the open who just sit there and try to duke it out with several enemies, rather than just backing around a building or something. At least make them work to kill you - maybe while they are spending time doing that your teammates will be using that time well. Hehe, yeah right - but we can hope!

0 rows returned

Syt

The way I see it the TDs are glass cannons.

You should either hide and let the enemy come to you.

Or you join some other guys who go on the offensive and perhaps try to outflank the enemy.

In any case, I think fire and maneuver is the key, because once the enemy sees you and outnumbers you (and you can count on arty to zone in on you quickly), you have little chance if you stay put (unless you're a Hetzer in the upper half of the match's tier ranking - in which case you probably lack speed :P ).

City maps can be tricky, but I try to outflank the targets my team mates are engaging, or do "drive by shootings": spot an enemy, get off a shot or two and scoot on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Slargos

Very much so.

I struggle with TDs, even if they are consistently my best tanks. I am too slow to leave a target rich location, which inevitably means that after I get 3-4 shots off I start taking return fire and it's usually enough to kill me. I can't shake that "just one more shot" attitude. Especially if I'm hitting a higher tiered target from the flank.

But of course, I do have a rather addictive personality.  :D

Ideally, the TD should scoot after at most 2 shots (first reveals you, if you're quick the second can be safely fired before they have time to acquire you) unless you are absolutely sure no one is homing in on you and those opportunities are really rare.

Syt

Btw, the matchmaking Gods were cruel - they thrust my A-20 into a match with several IS-3 and one Object 704 on either side.

In fact, I was killed by the enemy 704 who spotted me before I had any idea where he was. Never had a chance against his view range of 420m (without enhancments) vs. my 230, plus scopes. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Slargos on August 02, 2011, 01:17:03 PM
I can't shake that "just one more shot" attitude. Especially if I'm hitting a higher tiered target from the flank.

Well, if you're reasonably sure that all other enemies are busy, and can stomach at least one more hit on your tank, nothing wrong with that. But the moment you're hit you should get your ass out of there. :P

I still like the TDs best - at least the Soviet ones. I tried the Germans and I can't stand their lack of speed.

Though I won't win many sniping awards, I find this interesting:
- Battles participated: Rank 194160
- Avg XP per battle: Rank 96686
—Stephen Jay Gould

Slargos

What's your nick in the game, anyway, Syt?