News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Gotta go with slargos on this.

The only time I use auto-aim is when I need to concetrate on my driving and am willing to drop a lot of accuracy in favor of moving accurately, like when I am knife fighting, or scouting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

:hmm: I manage to hit just fine.  It's not like you can't press E and disengage auto-aim when the target starts moving.

DGuller

Another enormous advantage that you guys seem to be missing is that if you auto-aim, you don't need to zoom in on the target.  If you don't have to zoom in, you keep a much better tactical awareness of everything that happens in front of you, instead of developing a target fixation.

Berkut

So you are auto-aiming at targets that you would need to zoom in on to hit otherwise???

What is your overall hit percentage?

0 rows returned

DGuller

Berkut

Ouch. My overall is 60%, and that includes some really bad ratio in the lights. My T5+ are all around 70%, with the exception of my IS which is at 77% (of course, in that case I am very careful about shots, so it is an outlier).

I would submit that you are hurting your performance using auto-aim more than rarely.

0 rows returned

DGuller

On the other hand, my kill rate is 0.75 per match, whereas yours is 0.61 per match.  I'd rather keep missing if that nets me more kills.  :P

Berkut

Yeah, I am a rusher. I tend to play way too aggressively.

I am pretty sure my kill rate would be quite a bit lower if I shot more poorly, however.

My kill rate in the IS is .955 though, with a 77% hit rate.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 10:30:17 PM
Yeah, I am a rusher. I tend to play way too aggressively.

I am pretty sure my kill rate would be quite a bit lower if I shot more poorly, however.
Well, those numbers don't really say that I shoot more poorly.  If you're a rusher, you shoot at closer ranges, so it is harder to miss.  On the other hand, you get killed quickly, so you don't stick around as long to kill others.  For me, the two aha moments were learning how to auto-aim, and learning that I should try to never be the guy closest to the enemy, within reason. 

When I miss, it's usually not because I was too lazy to aim carefully, and needlessly bounced a shot off someone.  Lately, if I miss, it's usually because I'm shooting at an extreme range, with a zoom on and auto-aim off, and the circle is just too big to hit reliably.  That's not a big deal, though, since I can afford a few misses if I stay far back.

Berkut

No, if yo are a rusher, you die a lot before ever shooting at all. I am getting better about that though!

And if anything, I miss even more because I am in "OH CRAP!" mode all the time and puilling my shots. I rarely miss at all when I am shooting from range. Why would I?

0 rows returned

katmai

Yo fonts of knowledge Slargos and Berkut....finally have had some time to play this again and wondering what factors into amount of xp you get per battle, I'm avg about 200 or so in my T3 tank, wondering what i can do to improve that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 10:39:57 PM
I rarely miss at all when I am shooting from range. Why would I?
Because guns aren't perfectly accurate?  Even if you wait the max time for the circle to completely tighten, which is a requirement for long range shooting, the minimum size circle is still going to be fairly large.  It's even more complicated if you're shooting at a heavy, because that usually means that you have to aim for particular parts that if you don't hit, you don't hit anything at all (like rear end from the profile view).  If you aren't missing that often, you aren't staying back far enough.

Berkut

My ability to make credits has pretty much tanked.

My high end vehicles are averaging far less than 10k net per battle, sometimes it is even negative.

How is the Lowe such a credit machine? My IS is a T7 heavy, shouldn't it make pretty much equivalent in creds?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on July 31, 2011, 10:41:45 PM
Yo fonts of knowledge Slargos and Berkut....finally have had some time to play this again and wondering what factors into amount of xp you get per battle, I'm avg about 200 or so in my T3 tank, wondering what i can do to improve that.

1. Win the battle.
2. Do more damage. Don't be too aggressive, stay alive to keep doing damage.

But winning the battle makes the biggest difference, IMO.

And don't use auto-aim except under very limited circumstances. :P

0 rows returned

katmai

I didn't know there was an auto aim....yeah it seems just getting on win streak makes huge difference, 4 kills in a loss and getting 250 xp, 1-2 kills in win getting 450+
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son