And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

:lol:

Just had a hell of a game.

I was under fire from three directions, by 8 different tanks in my Löwe. Took 29 hits in total. Managed to reach out and touch a total of 11 tanks out of which I managed to destroy 3. I could never focus fire on any one of them since they kept ducking back under cover so I just had to hit whatever target I could.

1200XP and 124k credits from a defeat.

And DESPITE this torrent of lead I was soaking up, my teammates still managed to lose.  :frusty:

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 07:54:17 AM

I was under fire from three directions, by 8 different tanks in my Löwe...

Nothing after this is interesting anymore, Herr Wallet Warrior.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

So, my story for the day.

I am on that map with all the little square complexes within a city in my 3002DB. I love knife fighting with this guy.

So I snipe a little bit until the battle starts developing, then notice that once of the little squares has 4 enemy tank in it, so I decide it might be fun to jump in there while they are shooting out of it.

RIght when I go in, I see that there are two T-28s, a KV, and an IS-3. The IS3 is my first target, and I put 2 rounds into his ass before he figures out what is going on. Of course, he is an IS-3, so this brings him down to about 80%. He gets turned around and bounces a shell off of me, so I skoot behind the building in the middle, and come around it and destroy one of the T-28s. The IS3 is chasing now, so I move around the other building to keep it between us, and stick a round into the KV, who is still firing out of the square.

The other T-28 is trying to get around the wreck of the first T-28, to box me in while the IS3 comes around the building. As the IS3 comes around one side, I ram the T-28, and we exchange shots. I kill him, and the IS hammers me with two shots before I can get the wreck of this T-28 between us. I am hammering on the IS all the time of course, but this is from the front, so it isn't doing much. I am down to about 50% now, he is at maybe 70% or so.

I get away from him again (we are basically making figure eigths kindof around the two buildings and the T28 wrecks) and as I go by I stick another round in the KV, who is STILL shooting out. Me and the IS3 starting dancing in earnest now. Peaking out, getting off shots, trying to use my speed to get in two shots to his one.

As I am going by the KV against, I stick another round into him. He finally decides he should maybe do something about this, and moves to block me. And drives right into that path of the IS3, who runs into him. I come back around the building,a nd while they untangle themselves, finish off the KV.

I am down to about 25% now, and after the KV goes I get a nice shot into the rear of the IS3, taking him down to 3%. I duck back behind a building, he fires a moment too late, I come back out, ram him, and destroy him with a shot to the front.

I look up and notice that while I was taking on 4 of them by myself, the rest of my team had been destroyed, and there were still 7 enemies alive. We lost on the cap.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 22, 2011, 08:20:55 AM

:D

Now, see, you've fallen under the bitch spell. The Löwe isn't a magical tank. It is in fact rather weak for its tier, but with a good gun.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 08:49:10 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 22, 2011, 08:20:55 AM

:D

Now, see, you've fallen under the bitch spell. The Löwe isn't a magical tank. It is in fact rather weak for its tier, but with a good gun.

"Rather weak for its tier" == can still one shot 80% of the targets on the map, and is impervious to about 50% of them. And requires little or no skill to exploit those advantages, and of course no ability to get other than cash. Lowe drivers are Barbies.

Boohoo, it can't stand up to T9 heavies and blow them away as well. How terrible sad.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 22, 2011, 08:47:51 AM

I look up and notice that while I was taking on 4 of them by myself, the rest of my team had been destroyed, and there were still 7 enemies alive. We lost on the cap.

Love it when that happens.

You're coming down from an incredible high, having pulled off something amazing against impossible odds.

"Guys! Did you fucking SEE that shit? I am the MAN!"

"Ehr. Guys?"

"Oh sh-"

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 22, 2011, 08:51:44 AM

"Rather weak for its tier" == can still one shot 80% of the targets on the map, and is impervious to about 50% of them. And requires little or no skill to exploit those advantages, and of course no ability to get other than cash. Lowe drivers are Barbies.

Boohoo, it can't stand up to T9 heavies and blow them away as well. How terrible sad.

Baby had a booboo?  :hug:

If you'd ever get it, you'd realize how wrong you are. It just feels like it's invincible because A) you're driving a tier 5 and B) you don't know where to shoot it.

People who don't know where its weak spots (and they are legion) are, are obviously going to have a tougher time against it.

I'm certainly more afraid of facing a KT or IS-3 than a Löwe, not only because there's a higher chance that the Löwe driver is inexperienced with heavies.

You don't realize this, because you only face the Löwe when it's the Top, and you're a filthy little bottom.

Berkut

I don't believe I said it was invincible, I said it was impervious to 50% of the targets on the map, which is rather often true. All high tier heavies are by the nature of the game - the difference with the Lowe of course is that you don't have to earn that right, you just get to buy it. It is funny that a Lowe driver is calling others "bitches" though since it is the acknowledged bitch-mobile by everyone in the game that has not gone out and bought a shiny little wallet heavy for themselves.

0 rows returned

DGuller

I'm with Slargos.  Lowe is not always at the top, it suffers from the classic KV effect.  While you don't have it, you always thing it's the tank that dominates everyone, and once you get it, you realize that you just couldn't be there to observe the unfavorable matchmaking results.

I also strongly disagree that it's an easy tank to play with.  It most definitely is not, especially for a noob.  It's a sniper tank that feels like it can take more damage than it actually can. 

It's far from a fortress on wheels, I am much more fearful of encountering KV-5 than I am encountering a Lowe.  With KV-5, I'm stuck with trying to hit R2D2 most of the time, I don't yet have a tank that can punch a hole in it.  With Lowe, I can reliably take it down.  It may be a little at a time, but rarely does my crosshair turn red when I point it at Lowe.

Berkut

Of course you are with Slargos, you bought yourself a Lowe as well. All wallet warriors are together in their defense of being wallet warriors.

OK, the two wallet warriors love their wallet heavy, and don't really think it is all that great really because they can't just kill EVERYTHING on the map, only ALMOST everything. Good for you guys, you are still barbies for buying it, no matter how much you desperately try to convince yourselves otherwise.

And yes, I am sure pointing that monster gun at the Tier 6 mediums and pressing the mouse button and watching them blow up is terribly difficult and takes an incredible amount of skill.

Personally, I don't like running into ANY high tier heavy in a mid tier medium or heavy. But that is part of the game. At least when I get dusted by a Tiger 2 or something I know the guy driving it put in his time to get there, instead of just buying it. You can justify it away all you like about how it really isn't that good, but then...why do so many people drive around in them if they "aren't really that good"? If that were true, nobody would shell out $50 for one.

The only positive thing about the BarbieKampfwagen is that hopefully all the prima donnas buying their way into a high tier heavies are funding the game for those who are not.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 22, 2011, 09:43:14 AM
OK, the two wallet warriors love their wallet heavy, and don't really think it is all that great really because they can't just kill EVERYTHING on the map, only ALMOST everything. Good for you guys, you are still barbies for buying it, no matter how much you desperately try to convince yourselves otherwise.

And yes, I am sure pointing that monster gun at the Tier 6 mediums and pressing the mouse button and watching them blow up is terribly difficult and takes an incredible amount of skill.

Personally, I don't like running into ANY high tier heavy in a mid tier medium or heavy. But that is part of the game. At least when I get dusted by a Tiger 2 or something I know the guy driving it put in his time to get there, instead of just buying it. You can justify it away all you like about how it really isn't that good, but then...why do so many people drive around in them if they "aren't really that good"? If that were true, nobody would shell out $50 for one.
Feel free to look up my Lowe stats.  It's possible that I'm just very incompetent, but it's more possible that it's just not the uber tank you think it is.  In fact, I don't play Lowe anymore, I just keep it around in case I desperately need a free experience injection.  I don't even have crew in it anymore, I put them in my new Tiger.

DGuller

You can justify it away all you like about how it really isn't that good, but then...why do so many people drive around in them if they "aren't really that good"? If that were true, nobody would shell out $50 for one.
Maybe because you can't preview a tank before buying it?  Everyone who doesn't have a Lowe think it's an uber noob cannon and buys it.  Almost everyone then discovers that it isn't in fact the case, but by that point you already paid for it. 

When I was using it, I was using it to grind for free experience and credits.  I definitely wasn't using it to blow away the field, and I never did.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 22, 2011, 09:46:12 AM

Feel free to look up my Lowe stats.  It's possible that I'm just very incompetent, but it's more possible that it's just not the uber tank you think it is.  In fact, I don't play Lowe anymore, I just keep it around in case I desperately need a free experience injection.  I don't even have crew in it anymore, I put them in my new Tiger.

Yep.  :D

It's funny how Berkut's bitching almost completely mirrors that of all the other little fuckers on the WoT forums.

Personally, I bought the Löwe because of two reasons:

1. I wanted to play a heavy and realized it would be a LONG trip there down the German tree unlike the son of a whore shortcut the Russians get in the KV.
2. It is a great producer of credits. In a good game I can net upwards of 80-100k and this makes the credit grind to the Tier 8+ tanks much less annoying.

I mainly play my 3002 and Tiger, but I switch to the Löwe when I need to make cash for upgrades or new tanks.

No one has claimed that fighting Tier-6 tanks in the Löwe is difficult, but driving the Löwe is certainly comparatively more difficult than the other Tier-8 heavies.

Berkut

Why would I want to look up your Lowe stats? They would not tell me anything, whether they were good or bad.

It is still a high tier heavy tank that dominates most other tanks it is going to run into, just like all high tier heavies. If it isn't BETTER than the other high tier heavies - boofuckinghoo?

I never said it was an uber tank. Please find a post from me that claims it is "uber" or "invincible"? I said it dominates most of the other tanks that are on the battlefield with it, and that is absolutely true. Unless you are in a match that is 50% or more high tier heavy tanks, it is going to be dominant over most of its opponents.

I am sure it has weak spots - but so what? All tanks have weak spots. Of course, when you are driving around in a Lowe and shooting at a T7 medium, the entire enemy tank is a weak spot - you don't have to hope for a hit on a weak spot.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 22, 2011, 09:52:31 AM

Why would I want to look up your Lowe stats? They would not tell me anything, whether they were good or bad.

It is still a high tier heavy tank that dominates most other tanks it is going to run into, just like all high tier heavies. If it isn't BETTER than the other high tier heavies - boofuckinghoo?

I never said it was an uber tank. Please find a post from me that claims it is "uber" or "invincible"? I said it dominates most of the other tanks that are on the battlefield with it, and that is absolutely true. Unless you are in a match that is 50% or more high tier heavy tanks, it is going to be dominant over most of its opponents.

I am sure it has weak spots - but so what? All tanks have weak spots. Of course, when you are driving around in a Lowe and shooting at a T7 medium, the entire enemy tank is a weak spot - you don't have to hope for a hit on a weak spot.

Dude. You don't get it. When you face the Löwe it's always going to be at the top. Not the case when you're playing it.

Your complaints hold true for ALL T7+ heavy tanks. The worst LOLtank out there is the T-54 which is just fucking ridiculous.