News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Epic flag defense. Killed 6 and damaged another 5.

JagdPanther kicks some serious ass in the right conditions.  :D

Slargos

Aaaand I just murdered an IS-3 in close combat by ramming him and forcing his cannon up so he couldn't hit me. Proceeded to wrestle with him for about 30 seconds until I could get in behind him and set his fuel tank on fire.  :lmfao:

DGuller

I love taking on much bigger tanks, finding them in a situation where they can't fight me off, and carefully putting my gun up their rear hull and penetrating them repeatedly.  Even the heaviest tank can only take so many rounds point blank in the ass.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 04, 2011, 04:28:45 PM
I love taking on much bigger tanks, finding them in a situation where they can't fight me off, and carefully putting my gun up their rear hull and penetrating them repeatedly.  Even the heaviest tank can only take so many rounds point blank in the ass.

:D

Pinning an Elephant against a cliff-face with your tiny tank, leaving them unable to turn to target you, and slow enough when attempting to move away that any allies within shooting distance will get time to fire at least 3-4 shots at them.

A more humiliating death is difficult to find.

I guess that would be losing a close quarter brawl as an IS-3 vs a JagdPanther.  :D

Slargos

If you've yet to try out the US TD tree, I can recommend it. The Tier 4 is a fucking beast. Marder on steroids.

Shade

Quote from: Slargos on July 05, 2011, 01:27:54 AM
If you've yet to try out the US TD tree, I can recommend it. The Tier 4 is a fucking beast. Marder on steroids.

For the American TD do you recommend the faster shooting cannon with high penetration or the high cal slow shot high damage cannon?

DGuller

That Wolverine sure looks nice.  An American TD with a turning turret? :mmm:

Slargos

Quote from: Shade on July 05, 2011, 05:00:27 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 05, 2011, 01:27:54 AM

For the American TD do you recommend the faster shooting cannon with high penetration or the high cal slow shot high damage cannon?

I haven't played them [US TD specifically] enough to form an opinion on that, but while I used to favour rapid fire, I'm starting to lean towards higher calibre. Granted, this is from playing the German TDs which still have reasonable accuracy.

In the end, I think TD doesn't really need rapid fire, since the occasions where you get to keep up continuous fire unmolested are relatively few and you can't really stand for long if you're being focused by even a single enemy tank of equal tier or higher. Unless you're playing Tier 8+ TDs.

A case could be made for rapid fire in tiers 1-4 though, since you'll more or less always penetrate and the speed of the tanks you face will mean you risk missing a lot more shots.

If the howitzer has poor accuracy though (.40-.45+), I'll steer clear regardless. It simply doesn't suit my playing style.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 05, 2011, 05:02:25 AM
That Wolverine sure looks nice.  An American TD with a turning turret? :mmm:

I'm a bit keen on the T95. Looks pretty damn awesome.  :D

DGuller

I'm actually not too fond of American TD howitzers either, not sure why.

Slargos

I'm mounting the 76mm M1A1 cannon on the T40, and it packs a nice punch. Granted, it seems to be a Tier 6 cannon on a Tier 4 vehicle, so of course it's going to do some damage.

Far outranks the Hetzer's best cannon, for instance, although of course the hetzer has better armour and I would wager better camo.

Slargos

I bungled my teching, btw. I managed to research the Tiger II but I don't have the cash to buy it so now I have to grind credits for the first time since tier 3.  <_<

I noticed that they're going to change the German tech tree though, and all XP on an elited Tiger I will carry over to the Tiger II so I might just wait for that, depending on how long it takes.

Berkut

OK, I have to admit I am fully addicted.

I've got one of each primary lines going. Sort of.

My "main" is the German Panther/medium line. Just got into the VK 3001(P). I mean literally just - nothing researched on it but the radios, and it is straight up vanilla. It's funny, I struggled with the Pz III/IV for a long time, and then really the last 50% of the tech grind to the next tier I finally figured out how to play the tank. It has weak armor, a mediocre gun (compared to the stuff it often has to fight), but is crazy fast. Once I started knife fighting with it rather than trying to stand off, I did very well. Almost never lived through a battle, since usually I would be killed by some third party while running circles around someone, but I got a lot more kills.

The VK. Jesus. This thing is
S

L

O

W

after the Pz III/IV. Need new engine badly.

I am also working the Soviet heavy line, just about 2k XP away from the KV. The T-28 medium is actually a fun tank, but bizarre. It is freaking huge, but has terrible armor, but a good gun for its tier. So it can kill things, but cannot hide and cannot take a shot. Almost done with it though, I imagine the shift into the KV will be shocking.

Next I am doing the German TD line, about 1/2 the way throught the Hetzer. Uggh. Again, the gun is too weak for many of the matches. Nice little tank, easy to hide, but when you get the drop on a freaking Lowe or something - so what? You can't do anything to them anyway.

Lastly I am screwing around with the American SPG line. Only at the second one right now, but Arty is a diverting break now and again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

More than any other tank I've played so far, KV was so much hate at first, and so much love later.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on July 05, 2011, 09:05:29 AM
More than any other tank I've played so far, KV was so much hate at first, and so much love later.

Based on it just being crap when you first get it but good when it gets upgraded, or based on learning how to play it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned