News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Yeah, it's a little unrealistic to have one mix of German/USSR/USA tanks fighting another mxi of German/USSR/USA tanks.  I don't know if that's done for PC reasons, or some other reasons unknown to me.

DGuller

Actually, it turns out that there are more than two servers.  The Euro server is separate from the Russian server.  In any case, it's a shame, as it kind of makes the Languishite get-together from all over the world quite impossible.

Ed Anger

Lol, Russians in an internet game. Enjoy the hax.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

You guys are fags, couldnt get any of you interested in this 10 months ago when it was in beta, and everything including gold was free.   :rolleyes:

Any way, never came back after it went live.  Had a Jagdtiger and a King Tiger 2, Hummel, and some mid shitty mid-level American tank.  Couldnt be bothered to regrind from scratch.

Still play ww2ol drakken?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Slargos

The server is really bad at balancing teams.

Typically, the team with the most Super Heavies wins the match, and it doesn't seem like it cares too much about giving equal amounts out.

Threviel

Quote from: Slargos on June 15, 2011, 05:20:10 AM

Typically, the team with the most Super Heavies wins the match, and it doesn't seem like it cares too much about giving equal amounts out.

How much have you invested inte game to get that far so fast?

Berkut

So I saved up my pennies so I could buy the first US SPG. No idea it was a fucking artillery piece. Uggh.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Shade

I have decided to try this out again... going to see if I can reactive my beta account If not I can always start over

DGuller

Quote from: Shade on June 15, 2011, 08:28:17 AM
I have decided to try this out again... going to see if I can reactive my beta account If not I can always start over
You'll have to start over anyway, all progress has been wiped for betas awhile back.

Slargos

Quote from: Threviel on June 15, 2011, 07:40:01 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 15, 2011, 05:20:10 AM

How much have you invested inte game to get that far so fast?

€20.

I'm in the Hetzer and the PzIII but I'm only a couple of matches away from the StugIII and the PzIV. So I wouldn't say I'm far along at all.

Problem is that the moment I got heavier trucks, I seem to have been bumped into the higher division and I'd say 70-80% of the time I am one of the lightest vehicles on the map. I can't even dent the KVs from the rear, and I only score lucky hits in the tracks or if I'm in a position where they bare their bellies to me.

The Hetzer with the 10.5cm will one-shot everything in its class the majority of the time, even from the front, but getting XP in the majority of matches is really difficult. I get 250+ if I'm lucky, but most of the time it's between 100-200 for observation and getting a few hits in before toast.

I'm slowly learning the game though, and I'm not getting so freakishly destroyed as I did the first dozen matches against the heavies. I've learned that it's pointless to stick around in the same location after firing a shot since either the heavies or their arty will wax me in seconds if I don't get the fuck out ricky-tick.  :D

Now I don't even shoot at the heavies unless there's literally no other option (since at best I'll score a 5-10% hit and get knocked out before a second shot), instead scouting for my own heavies and taking the odd pot shot on lights and mediums. I guess this is relatively realistic in a sense.

I'm having fun anyway.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2011, 08:14:38 AM
So I saved up my pennies so I could buy the first US SPG. No idea it was a fucking artillery piece. Uggh.

I haven't quite figured out how to use them yet, but they are tremendous force multipliers. If you can pin down a heavy and he's stupid enough to stay in position, the SPGs will make short work of him.

DGuller

Arty is the easiest way to score multiple kills in the game, aside from maybe a KV with a derp gun.  You just have to know how to stay away from the enemy, and you always want to aim from overhead rather than in direct aim, unless you can see a tank rushing you.

It's also key to not fire until the circle tightened up to the minimum.  If the target moves during that time, so be it.  Also, remember that just because enemy artillery stops lighting up doesn't mean that it isn't where you last saw it. 

All too often, one of the suicide scouts on your team would light up the position of the arty and the tank destroyers, they would shoot it, and then just continue sitting there.  Shoot carefully at the last location you remember them being at, especially arty.  Conversely, don't sit on the same spot for the whole game, because eventually one of the enemy arties will have the same idea, and shell your general location.

Slargos

Point blank range, no penetration. Does that seem likely? I mean I could almost touch him with the gun. Surely that shouldn't be possible.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on June 15, 2011, 09:41:20 AM
Point blank range, no penetration. Does that seem likely? I mean I could almost touch him with the gun. Surely that shouldn't be possible.
Happens all the time, if you're undergunned against the guy's armor.  It's not that ahistorical either, T-34 couldn't penetrate the front of the Tiger point blank either. 

Slargos

Anyway.

JgPz is 30k exp. At an average of 200 per match, that's what.. 150 matches. Grind doesn't even begin to explain this. How the hell can so many people have the high tiered vehicles?