Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2011, 01:49:26 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 13, 2011, 01:22:31 PM
This game is a lot of fun. I'm considering splurging on the 30k gold option, but we'd need to create a company.  :hmm:
Have you ever tried playing USSR or USA tanks?

I've only just started playing it. The US beginner tank is ok, but the Russian one felt a bit "off". IDK.

I'm going to go down the German TD tree, and I just got my first TD though after upgunning it I forgot to buy ammo for it so the next battle didn't go so well.  :blush:

Threviel

I got my SPG, boring as hell, sold it after a few battles. Considering going the american tank route.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Through some slick manouvering, I just managed to take out 4 light tanks and 1 medium in the same engagement. Last 2 while almost being unable to turn due to damage to the tracks and engine.  :D

Unfortunately, the left flank buckled and I had no chance to return to base in time to take on the remaining 4 which were occupying the flag.  :cry:

I think I'm going to be playing this game a lot.  :hmm:

HERR Slargmann currently rides the PzII.

Slargos

Man I love this game.

Staring down an enemy TD head on that you know is aiming right at you, and playing a game of aiming chicken to see who gets off the good shot first is hilarious.  :D

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on June 13, 2011, 02:18:31 PM
Can I be: Firefly?
No British tree yet, so only a few British tanks given to the Soviets are in the game.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on June 13, 2011, 05:16:04 PM
Through some slick manouvering, I just managed to take out 4 light tanks and 1 medium in the same engagement. Last 2 while almost being unable to turn due to damage to the tracks and engine.  :D

Unfortunately, the left flank buckled and I had no chance to return to base in time to take on the remaining 4 which were occupying the flag.  :cry:

That's pretty impressive, my biggest streak is 6, and that was in a tricked out KV against a bunch of medium tanks, the one role where they historically raped.  Of course, historically they also broke down after the first 5 shots, but that's not modeled.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2011, 11:15:24 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 13, 2011, 05:16:04 PM

That's pretty impressive, my biggest streak is 6, and that was in a tricked out KV against a bunch of medium tanks, the one role where they historically raped.  Of course, historically they also broke down after the first 5 shots, but that's not modeled.

I got lucky, I think.

I was assaulting their flank, and when the first contact took out my teammate, I managed to take him out. Then their reinforcements took position behind a house, and I used shoot-and-scoot tactics to take them out one by one. Had they ever gone out in force I would've been toast. It seems though that what was really giving me the edge was that I didn't stop to zoom or auto-aim, but rather opened fire the moment I had them in my sights and reasonable accuracy. I managed to fire first more or less every time. Shooting from the hip, so to speak..  :hmm:

It was pretty fucking intense.  :ph34r:

Slargos

Slargmann (Now in Marder II): Gets the drop on a KV-1 in urban CQB and puts a 7.5cm grenade in the tracks.

KV-1: Laughs. Wonders what happened.

Slargmann: Desperately fires another shot as the turet begins to traverse. Ineffectual.

KV-1: Snorts. Finds target.

Slargmann: Stares into the barrels of the now angry KV-1. Pisses self. Frantically reloading.

Hetzer: BOOM! LOL! KILL!

Slargmann: Thanks the good Lord for the timely intervention.

Marvelous, marvelous game.  :D

Berkut

I played a bit last night, with my shitty little T1. It is a hell of a lot of fun.

0 rows returned

Slargos

One thing that's really frustrating about this game is that it seems I'm always the guy with the smallest tank.  :ph34r:

I've managed to get my hands on a PzIII but suddenly everyone's driving heavies.

Berkut

I am trying ot figure out how to allocate research. Should I pick something to specialize in, and then only spend on that branch of the tree? It seems like research isn't really the bottleneck though - I can research a lot more than I can actually afford.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2011, 09:14:03 AM
I am trying ot figure out how to allocate research. Should I pick something to specialize in, and then only spend on that branch of the tree? It seems like research isn't really the bottleneck though - I can research a lot more than I can actually afford.

Credits are the bottleneck early. Later on things will get far more expensive xp wise. You should definitely pick a tree, but many items cross over and you're going to need two vehicles anyway since you're going to die a lot and having another vehicle means you can play rather than twiddle your thumbs.  :hmm:

I'm going down the heavy tank and TD trees.

Threviel

Quote from: Slargos on June 14, 2011, 09:16:16 AM

you're going to need two vehicles anyway since you're going to die a lot and having another vehicle means you can play rather than twiddle your thumbs.  :hmm:

How does that work? Two computers?