Guns don't kill people... They just make it easier.

Started by HVC, March 11, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

A lot of time has past.  Guns still don't kill people?  Fingers do?
PDH!

Barrister

That's quite the necro-bump.

YOu just went to the very last page of the forum to find this, didn't you.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 27, 2019, 02:01:08 PM
well, if you put a gun on a chair and leave it there all day, how many people has it killed by the end of the day??  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: viper37 on August 27, 2019, 10:20:53 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 27, 2019, 02:01:08 PM
well, if you put a gun on a chair and leave it there all day, how many people has it killed by the end of the day??  :P
Depends on whether or not unsupervised children count.
PDH!

viper37

If an unsupervised child use the gun, than it's people who killed people ;)

See, the guns are innocent in all this :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

viper37

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah. KARR was an underrated villain.  But what if the gun were like  anascent skynet.
PDH!

viper37

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2019, 07:08:23 AM
Yeah. KARR was an underrated villain.  But what if the gun were like  anascent skynet.
a) check the power cord
b) Unplug for 30 seconds, reboot.
:P

Savonarola

Anascent Skynet would be a great name for a Star Wars villain.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Darth Wagtaros

There might be one named that already.  Since they vomit out a new Terminator movie so frequently the studio is probably dying to get some product placement.
PDH!