Food pyramid out, 'My Plate' in for healthy eating

Started by garbon, June 02, 2011, 03:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

I gotta say that when I actually do drink milk (with cereal or cocoa for example), I prefer 3%, as at least it has some taste. In fact, my favourite coffee addition is condensed milk, as it has a much richer taste.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2011, 04:03:38 PM
Ok, I'm going to admit it.

Still, I have seen people drink a glass of milk with a steak or stuff like that.  :shutup:

My sister in law does that.  One of her many quirks-- she really makes it too easy for me to mock her.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 03, 2011, 04:17:49 PM
You vill drink 2% or whole milk! OR ELSE.  :P

Seriously!

I drink milk with lots of things at home.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 03, 2011, 04:17:49 PM
You vill drink 2% or whole milk! OR ELSE.  :P

I like skim milk, but 2% or whole for cooking.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2011, 04:53:58 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2011, 04:03:38 PM
Ok, I'm going to admit it.

Still, I have seen people drink a glass of milk with a steak or stuff like that.  :shutup:

My sister in law does that.  One of her many quirks-- she really makes it too easy for me to mock her.

I do that.  I really like milk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on June 03, 2011, 02:14:41 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 03, 2011, 05:24:32 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 02, 2011, 09:36:41 PM
Why not?
Because you can live a perfectly healthy life without ever having consumed dairy products, and further a huge percentage of the world's people are lactose intolerant.  When was the last time you had cheese at a Chinese restaurant? :)
People who are lactose intolerant will be outcompeted.  My bones are adamantium--thanks to milk!

Martinus' bones are probably like chalk.
Kids here are given milk by the school, but I'm sure they get much less calcium in their diet then western kids and they break bones all the damn time. It's fucking ridiculous.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I can't stand drinking plain milk.  My kids are just like my ex, they are always drinking huge glasses of milk and that is all they drink with dinner.  :yuk:

Eddie Teach

Milk is just about the healthiest nice tasting beverage. Water is better, but :yawn:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Quote from: Maladict on June 02, 2011, 03:34:54 PM

It's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

^_^