Previous topic - Next topic

Whose side are you on?

Vive L'Empereur!
33 (48.5%)
Rule Britannia
35 (51.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Nelson's mistress worshipped him like a god, while Nappy's mistress made fun of his tiny man-bits.

Rule Brittania!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Such a touch choice.

One is a vile reactionary enemy to liberty and the French Republic who wanted to rule the world through violence and the other is Napoleon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

A tough choice. In hindsight (and I'm not talking about who wins, but rather long term consequences), I should probably side with the British, but without knowledge of the future, I think Napoleon's cause would have been more appealing.

Vive La France! Vive L'Empereur! :frog:

Zoupa

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2011, 03:06:59 PM
A tough choice. In hindsight (and I'm not talking about who wins, but rather long term consequences), I should probably side with the British, but without knowledge of the future, I think Napoleon's cause would have been more appealing.

Vive La France! Vive L'Empereur! :frog:

Good man! :frog:

Valmy

But Zoups what about 18 Brumaire, Year VIII?  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2011, 03:19:10 PM
But Zoups what about 18 Brumaire, Year VIII?  :(

A necessary, temporary evil. We have a mission civilisatrice, after all.  :sleep:

Admiral Yi

Very touch choice.

On the one hand England was a parliamentary democracy, on the other it was allied with all of the reactionary monarchies. 

On the one hand France overthrew the old feudal order and created what was ostensibly a meritocracy.  And they had really badass uniforms.  On the other Boner nepotited half the countries in Europe with his brothers.

Slight edge to  :bowler:

Ed Anger

France had Davout and the Dear Child of Victory. Boney had the coolest subordinates. Soult looting anything not nailed down, Murat leading cavalry charges like a maniac, etc. etc.

:wub:

Also, the tread starter is owed one punch in the nuts, as I now want to play a Napoleonic wargame. YOU FUCK.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive