News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does it take for you to get drunk?

Started by HisMajestyBOB, May 30, 2011, 11:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

One Miller Lite (Siege option)
2 (5.4%)
2-4 beers
7 (18.9%)
5-10 beers
12 (32.4%)
10+ beers
9 (24.3%)
Only hard liquor!
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Camerus

I'm on my 5th beer of the night, and while I certainly notice something, I am still far from what I think many of you are referring to by "drunk".

In fact, I think my tolerance is quite low.  I will usually feel very sick and puke before I black out or lose total control or anything.  Although, the only time I arguably was quite drunk (and it was from vodka), I made out with a recently married girl while her husband and their friends were in the next room.  It was an incredibly stupid thing to do, considering everyone at that party was a friend of her husband and I didn't know a single person there except that girl.  Fortunately, nobody walked in on us.  Anyway, that was the last evening I really got out of control with my drinking.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

merithyn

I prefer wine over beer but for the purposes of this poll, I went with beer, and it usually takes four beers in an hour for me to seriously feel the affects. I rarely drink that much beer that quickly, however, as it generally just makes me feel bloated.  :x

With wine, however, it takes a full bottle (roughly 4.5 glasses) in an hour.. and that's not as rare as the beer.  :blush:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

viper37

I used to take half a 24 pack before going out, drink a few beers, a couple of shooters, go back home, take another 6 beers and get to bed drunk.

Nowadays, I rarely go over 12, and while I certainly wouldn't drive like this, I can't say I am drunk in the sense of doing some stupid shit and forgetting about it.  Unless I'm tired.  In this case, a six pack can make me very drunk.
Wine-wise, it's usually after toward the end of the 2nd bottle that I feel a little something...  Well, at the 2nd, I would say I'm drunk, slurred speech and all.  Just no crazy shit.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Iormlund

It takes me around 20 € to get slightly drunk.

Definitely not in beer though.  :x

C.C.R.

I start feeling that I've been drinking halfway through my second beer & start slurring after about four.  Most of my drinking lately has been Afternoon Drinking -- start popping them open after mowing the lawn on a Saturday, grill a late lunch/ early dinner & then quit drinking after dinner, which means that I'll typically put away six to eight beers in an afternoon and be nice & toasty, but still be able to sober up by mid evening.

I can't remember the last time I had more than a dozen beers in a sitting, which is my Point of No Return these days (where I can wake up the next morning & be fine after a glass of water & a cup of coffee).  I know that Once Upon A Time I could drink twice that amount & still be Ambulatory, but I don't feel particularily compelled to test that these days.  Being hung over with Weiner Kids under foot isn't any fun...

:ccr