News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which of these circles is angry?

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 31, 2011, 07:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

http://www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

It's the Pierley/Redford personality test. I have no idea if it's crap or how it works, but it's basically a bunch of glowy shapes paired with questions about subjective things or emotions. 20 questions like that one later it spits this out for me:

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

Awesome?  :huh:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

ulmont

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 31, 2011, 07:13:30 PM
Awesome?  :huh:

I dunno.

QuoteYou are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

This is...rather bullshit.

QuoteWhether you have dissociative disorder or not, you might discover that The Pierley/Redford Dissociative Affect Diagnostic is also a test for transmedia-fiction-awareness created by designer Richard Horton, if its randomly-generated psychological profiles of you weren't so eerily accurate.
http://www.psfk.com/2011/04/the-pierleyredford-dissociative-affect-diagnostic-test.html/

QuotePerhaps unwisely, I decided to amuse myself and created a new test of my own design that had no solution, which I sent out to all the respondents as a joke
http://www.hypnoid.com/psytestApr/

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

QuoteThoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

QuoteYou have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.

More true than not, but I still feel like they were flipping a bunch of coins.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

ulmont

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 31, 2011, 07:28:11 PM

They were.  Check out the links to the second post.

jimmy olsen

:hmm:

QuoteYou need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

chipwich

It's like some David Lynch bullshit.

Razgovory

Neither one looks angry.  They are just spots and have not anthropomorphic qualities such as anger, sadness, or joy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Is this some exercise in susceptibility to suggestions? The shapes are pretty random (especially when coupled with some questions), and it seems like the end results are all generalist enough that anyone can find them true.

Zoupa

Guys, the results at the end are random mumbo jumbo.

L2RPLZKTHNXBAI

Martinus

Quote from: Zoupa on June 01, 2011, 01:13:29 AM
Guys, the results at the end are random mumbo jumbo.

L2RPLZKTHNXBAI

That's what I said (without having to read this). Learn to think, PLZKTHNXBAI

Slargos

QuoteThough quiet on the outside, you are often the hidden hero; someone who rushes in when needed and then after the emergency is over fades back into the woodwork. Because of this sense of duty and honor, you can also on occasion be rigid in your viewpoint and unyielding in the face of other ways of thinking. Usually cynical and rarely trusting of others, you maintain a small set of intimate friends. These bonds are stronger than most. You are always grounded in the present moment. Your close bonds can also lead to clique-ishness and a tendency to gossip about those who are deemed less worthy. You are an integrative thinker, collecting data from a wide range of sources and applying it to your worldview. You can become overly task-oriented. In stressful situations you often withdraw from the world to seek peace in contemplation. You often seem cold and withdrawn. Often you will withdraw rather than verbalize your discontent.

:lol:

Well. This is disturbingly accurate.

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 31, 2011, 07:28:11 PM

:D

They had me going until about 50% through or so. The final questions pretty much  sealed it.