And we're back!

Main Menu

I TOLD YOU SO!

Started by Barrister, May 31, 2011, 10:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 01:27:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 01:22:34 PM
It's more buy up cheap land, bring in a bunch of successful businesses and make money leasing the land to them.  That's an investment that makes money year after year.

Except you are assuming the Jets are going to be successful and will not fold eventually. Like I said, he is a good businessman and as a good businessman he is not going to be betting the long shot but he will put himself in a position to profit either way.

The mistake you are making is assuming that simply because he has made this investment that a sound long term business case can be made for the hockey team.  But that is not necessarily so.  He can make money even if they fail.

It's ben obvious you're just been trolling me for awhile now as you haven't actually given any numbers or meaningful analysis.  I went along with it for awhile because it allowed me to talk about the Jets, but I simply have no more information to give.

I've laid out the road map on how this will work.  If you don't want to read the map, it's not my fault.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 01:57:48 PM
Hopefully we dont have another crash so this thread can be accessed in 5-10 years to see whether BB's optimism is justified.

Well my track record on the topic is a hell of a lot betetr than yours so far.   :D

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 02:00:29 PM
I've laid out the road map on how this will work.  If you don't want to read the map, it's not my fault.

If you cant even contemplate that this latest expansion experiment might fail its not my fault.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 02:01:23 PM
Hopefully we dont have another crash so this thread can be accessed in 5-10 years to see whether BB's optimism is justified.

Well my track record on the topic is a hell of a lot betetr than yours so far.   :D

A track record of clinging to every piece of news that the Jets might be resurrected....  brocken clock correct twice a day and all that.

The the real test is whether this venture actually succeeds.  If by some miracle that happens then I will indeed admit I was wrong.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 02:04:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 02:01:23 PM

A track record of clinging to every piece of news that the Jets might be resurrected....  brocken clock correct twice a day and all that.

The the real test is whether this venture actually succeeds.  If by some miracle that happens then I will indeed admit I was wrong.

No - the real test is that Winnipeg is back in the NHL - something you said would never happen.   :cool:

And you'll never admit you're wrong.  Much like the crazy prophet of the apocalypse, you can always claim the team will fail "soon".   :wacko:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 02:09:00 PM
And you'll never admit you're wrong.  Much like the crazy prophet of the apocalypse, you can always claim the team will fail "soon".   :wacko:

And you will never admit I am not yet wrong.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=4524.msg257989#msg257989

Barrister

Season tickets sold out within minutes of going on sale to the general public. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Drive to 13,000 - success!

Barrister

17 minutes to be precise. :yeah:

And now 14,000 on the waiting list! :yeah:

I'm considering putting my own name down on the wait list.  If tickets are that crazy, it might be worth it so in 2020 I can get season tickets, go to 4-5 games, and be confident I could sell the remaining tickets at at least face value. :hmm:

Cost is $100 / year.

katmai

That is gonna be one long drive to Las Vegas to see them when they relocate in 6 years.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on June 04, 2011, 02:19:00 PM
That is gonna be one long drive to Las Vegas to see them when they relocate in 6 years.
:lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

I'm glad canada got a new team (even if it will make BB insufferable for a while) but i fell bad for the players. Going from warmth to to a frozen wasteland in the winter. That and the first years travel will be hell (and once the conferences are reshuffled it won't be too much better).
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Because clearly Winnipeggers won't support this team. :rolleyes:

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2011, 04:11:35 PM

they won't have a choice for hte next five years what with the season ticket holders (it's a five year contract, right?) but if they suck after 5 years who knows. I kidded about them being short term stays as well, but really i'm not sure. if the "jets" suck as bad as the leafs (:weep:) five years from now well the fans still be around. were they around in 96?

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2011, 04:11:35 PM

When your sold out arena still ranks in bottom 10 for attendance won't matter.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on June 04, 2011, 02:23:25 PM
I'm glad canada got a new team (even if it will make BB insufferable for a while) but i fell bad for the players. Going from warmth to to a frozen wasteland in the winter. That and the first years travel will be hell (and once the conferences are reshuffled it won't be too much better).

I'm sure traffic is much less an hassle in Winnipeg then it is in Atlanta. I guess it's an improvement.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.