News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I TOLD YOU SO!

Started by Barrister, May 31, 2011, 10:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

First part, by being born on May 31 2011.

Second part, :shifty:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 02, 2020, 06:20:18 PM
First part, by being born on May 31 2011.

Second part, :shifty:

A good day to be born!

You still have to actually tell me the second part... :yes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2011, 12:03:23 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:28:01 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2011, 08:39:57 PM
I already told you congrats in other thread ya fucking dumbass uke.

It's not the congrats I want - it's the admission that you should have listened to your Barrister - he knew what he was talking about.  :contract:
I choose to wait to the day in about ten years when the Manitoba Polar Bears break your heart and move and become the Charleston Chiefs. ^_^

Jets start their 10th season in Winnipeg tonight.  :cool:

Grey Fox

BB! What do you think about your new hometown (kinda) center?

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 25, 2021, 10:33:07 PM

:weep:

Losing Laine is... rough.  Remember next to losing the Jets themselves in the 90s, having Teemu Selanne traded away was almost as bad.  And now we again had our own budding superstar Finn (who I loved his personality) traded away... I broke my own rule and for the first time in my life I bought a hockey jersey with a player's name and number on it - yup a Laine Heritage Classic jersey 3 1/2 years ago.  Tim even has a signed Laine puck (courtesy of my cousin who does radio play-by-play for the team).

Dubois though.  I mean I never watch CBJ games.  Okay so I do have a buddy who is a Blue Jackets fan (he's from Edmonton but got his PhD at THE Ohio State) who says he's good.  His stats look very good.  It's certainly always nice to have someone who seems genuinely excited to come to Winnipeg.

(for everyone else - Dubois's father is an Assistant coach with the AHL Manitoba Moose.  Dubois actually spent a big chunk of time in lockdown in Winnipeg in the spring / summer with his folks)

And for several years the center position has been a team weakness going past Schiefele.  Now suddenly this year it's a strength, between Scheifele, Dubois and Stastny?!?  This is through the looking glass territory folks.

Just have to wait for PLD's 14-day quarantine to be over, since he crossed the border.

Eddie Teach

How can the NHL function with a quarantine in place?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 26, 2021, 12:55:15 AM

Very badly. The NHL is set to lose millions this season.

But it considers it worse to cancel the season so here we go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 26, 2021, 12:55:15 AM

It's not an NHL quarantine.  It's a Canada quarantine.  Canada requires those entering the country abide by a 14 day quarantine.  The league has adjusted by having an all-Canada division, with no out-of-division play all season.

Dubois has to quarantine because he was traded from a US team (Columbus) to a Canadian team.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2021, 11:43:27 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 25, 2021, 10:33:07 PM

:weep:

Losing Laine is... rough.  Remember next to losing the Jets themselves in the 90s, having Teemu Selanne traded away was almost as bad.  And now we again had our own budding superstar Finn (who I loved his personality) traded away... I broke my own rule and for the first time in my life I bought a hockey jersey with a player's name and number on it - yup a Laine Heritage Classic jersey 3 1/2 years ago.  Tim even has a signed Laine puck (courtesy of my cousin who does radio play-by-play for the team).

Dubois though.  I mean I never watch CBJ games.  Okay so I do have a buddy who is a Blue Jackets fan (he's from Edmonton but got his PhD at THE Ohio State) who says he's good.  His stats look very good.  It's certainly always nice to have someone who seems genuinely excited to come to Winnipeg.

(for everyone else - Dubois's father is an Assistant coach with the AHL Manitoba Moose.  Dubois actually spent a big chunk of time in lockdown in Winnipeg in the spring / summer with his folks)

And for several years the center position has been a team weakness going past Schiefele.  Now suddenly this year it's a strength, between Scheifele, Dubois and Stastny?!?  This is through the looking glass territory folks.

Just have to wait for PLD's 14-day quarantine to be over, since he crossed the border.

I think in the end it will be great trade for the team. Laine seemed fed up with the coaching staff/front office, probably not going to like CBJ very much.

Having a 2nd legitimate 1st line center will help Schiefele a lot, especially this year.

Now just need to get rid of the worse coach in the NHL.

Barrister

This is it!

The ten year anniversary of the "I TOLD YOU SO" thread.

I'm going to spare the feelings of people who once said the NHL would never return to Winnipeg, and then once it did, said they would never last 10 years.  You know who you are.

HVC

give me another 10, i'm feeling luck this time :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2021, 11:11:36 AM
This is it!

The ten year anniversary of the "I TOLD YOU SO" thread.

I'm going to spare the feelings of people who once said the NHL would never return to Winnipeg, and then once it did, said they would never last 10 years.  You know who you are.

Yes, I know.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 01:57:48 PM
Hopefully we dont have another crash so this thread can be accessed in 5-10 years to see whether BB's optimism is justified.

:cool:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2021, 12:22:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 01:57:48 PM
Hopefully we dont have another crash so this thread can be accessed in 5-10 years to see whether BB's optimism is justified.

:cool:

I am happy for you BB.  I am even more happy I did not make a bet with you.  :D