News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I TOLD YOU SO!

Started by Barrister, May 31, 2011, 10:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on May 31, 2011, 11:32:01 AM
Oh, well; we weren't watching them anyway.

:console:

I don't think you were a fan, but in case you were, it sucks to lose a team.  I know that pain very well. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:35:35 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2011, 11:33:57 AM
Edmonton is no longer the least attractive city for free agents anymore! :D
Don't kid yourself. :console:

I've lived in both, and know which I'd prefer to live in if all things were equal.
Winnipeg is home for you, so it's a little different.  There's a better racial distribution here, and less flooding and bad weather.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

It only sucks because the NHL has presumptions of being one of the major sporting leagues in the country(the "Big 4") so we no longer have the full complement. Honestly, it should be about as important as having a MLS team.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2011, 11:50:14 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:35:35 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2011, 11:33:57 AM
Edmonton is no longer the least attractive city for free agents anymore! :D
Don't kid yourself. :console:

I've lived in both, and know which I'd prefer to live in if all things were equal.
Winnipeg is home for you, so it's a little different.  There's a better racial distribution here, and less flooding and bad weather.

:rolleyes:

Mark Chipman announces team name has not been decided.

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 31, 2011, 11:52:25 AM
It only sucks because the NHL has presumptions of being one of the major sporting leagues in the country(the "Big 4") so we no longer have the full complement. Honestly, it should be about as important as having a MLS team.

If you don't watch the games, what does it matter if you have the "full compliment"?

Is there any possible basis for comparing MLS to the NHL?  Revenue?  TV Ratings?  Attendance?

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:55:11 AM
Is there any possible basis for comparing MLS to the NHL?  Revenue?  TV Ratings?  Attendance?

Equal interest in the South.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Hey, you're the MLS dork, you should be supporting my statement!  <_< :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 31, 2011, 12:07:30 PM
Hey, you're the MLS dork, you should be supporting my statement!  <_< :P

I thought I was -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2011, 11:56:42 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 11:55:11 AM

Equal interest in the South.

In that 0 = 0 ?

Holy crap - they cut to a shot of the Forks with 1000s of fans chanting "GO JETS GO".

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 12:11:55 PM
In that 0 = 0 ?

Holy crap - they cut to a shot of the Forks with 1000s of fans chanting "GO JETS GO".

I think if the team is in the championship people sorta pay attention but besides that basically yeah.

Anyway congrats again and they better name this team the Winnipeg Jets.

Barrister

You know it's kind of shitty, but perhaps says it all, that there was no announcement made in Atlanta, that the news broke in Winnipeg instead.

viper37

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-thrashers/its-official-thrashers-to-962820.html
This is the second time the city of Atlanta has lost an NHL franchise. In 1980, the Flames left for Calgary.  No other U.S. city has lost a professional sports franchise to Canada, and now it's happened to Atlanta twice -- in the same league.

Damn, Atlanta must be a really boring city.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

TSN Jets Meter for May 31:

viper37

Why doesn't it reach the "drop the puck" segment?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on May 31, 2011, 12:34:07 PM
Why doesn't it reach the "drop the puck" segment?
Board of Governors needs to approve the deal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.