Flashmob dancing: stupid yes, but is it constitutional?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 30, 2011, 06:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I imagine those guys have to deal with annoying kooks every day.  They probably relish the chances they get to strangle them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

They deserved it.

"This is America, This is America, This is America", thats right bitch eat pavement or er.... marble.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Got to love pepper spray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgi5ESpueX8

and pepper ball guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfhUaUuG1sM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hIIuJK_Uh8&feature=related

"Give peace a chance, Give peace a chance, Give peace a chance," cough...cough.... :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2011, 10:33:07 PM
I imagine those guys have to deal with annoying kooks every day.  They probably relish the chances they get to strangle them.

Fellow bike patrol officers. IPMBA  :showoff:

Martinus

Why does the only possible alternative seem to be "engaging in protected speech" or "being slammed and knocked to the ground by the police"? Why is there no option: "Politely asking them to leave"? :hmm:

jimmy olsen

They wouldn't be very good protesters if they just said "okay" and left after that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 01, 2011, 01:21:20 AM
Why does the only possible alternative seem to be "engaging in protected speech" or "being slammed and knocked to the ground by the police"? Why is there no option: "Politely asking them to leave"? :hmm:

That's the part in between.

"You need to leave."
"No. I know my rights! Wakka wakka!"
"...sigh..."

grumbler

Why would you think that the only possible alternative seem to be "engaging in protected speech" or "being slammed and knocked to the ground by the police"?  Why would you think is there no option: "Politely asking them to leave"? :hmm:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Perhaps you should watch the entire video.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

They kinda provoked the cops into this.  Granted the cops probably should have shown some restraint but there we go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Marty, you seem unfamiliar with the entire MO of protestors (or you are being disingenuous).

They want to provoke the police into doing something, anything, that they can call excessive force.  That's how they get publicity in the first place - they don't get it for the initial protest, but they do for the 'police brutality' complaint.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 09:58:09 AM
Marty, you seem unfamiliar with the entire MO of protestors (or you are being disingenuous).

They want to provoke the police into doing something, anything, that they can call excessive force.  That's how they get publicity in the first place - they don't get it for the initial protest, but they do for the 'police brutality' complaint.

Yep.  Granted it might be a little ridiculous there exists a law against flashmobs inside the Jefferson Memorial but that is not the fault of the Police.  They enforce the laws, they do not legislate or interpret them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I've participated in protest marches and my goal wasn't to provoke the police but rather to garner attention to the cause.  But then I was living in SF where any protest garnered attention. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2011, 10:10:24 AM

I've participated in protest marches

WTF is wrong with you?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2011, 10:10:24 AM
I've participated in protest marches and my goal wasn't to provoke the police but rather to garner attention to the cause.  But then I was living in SF where any protest garnered attention. -_-

Well in DC you cannot go anywhere without seeing some sort of protest.  I guess getting manhandled by cops at least gives them a thread on discussion boards.