News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pride of Nations

Started by Tamas, May 27, 2011, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

At least he's finally come clean.  Now the healing can begin.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2011, 01:08:43 PM
when I have a bit of free time between stealing and tending to my beet farm.

:lmfao: Well said
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

szmik

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2011, 01:08:43 PM
Yes, I write on armchairgeneral.com when I have a bit of free time between stealing and tending to my beet farm. And I do it instead of ACTS turns.
owned  :lmfao:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on May 27, 2011, 07:43:02 AM
Everyone knows that if the North hadn't had its head in its ass the war could have been over in 1862.
September 17, 1862, to be precise.  Lee placed his nuts in the vice and anyone but Little Napoleon would have turned the crank.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Waiting to hear some reviews from Languishites.

Looks like it might be good but it is being compared to V2.

Ed Anger

lol, while checking out the tutorials, most of the British officers were 'stressed'.

Bloody poofs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Its out. And thanks to Paradox's shitty releases, I can't pull the trigger on a 20 dollar game.

Habbaku

I'll find out how bad it is in about an hour.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

http://www.mediafire.com/?j3v21333k2p76ye

Here's a download link for the manual for anyone interested.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Steam's offering a free DLC.

Syt

Played the tutorials yesterday, and a few turns as Prussia. I'm a bit lost at the moment; but I like what I see so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Quote from: Syt on June 07, 2011, 10:54:15 PM
Played the tutorials yesterday, and a few turns as Prussia. I'm a bit lost at the moment; but I like what I see so far.

I'm in the same boat.  I'm not sure the US is a very good 'starter' country, I might have to play a Japan or S-P game for a few years to get my head around everything that is going on.

Syt

Well, I looked at the newbie hints in the Paradox forum yesterday. They suggested to take it SLOW - in many cases you'll do just an option or two per turn, and that it's hard to mess up the game in a turn or two. Also, that it takes TIME to make any big changes. You can't just claim a colony in 1 or 2 years like in Vicky.

Though I have to say that when I went through the colonial tutorial yesterday and saw the options there I was: :mmm:

Natural, geographical, anthropological expeditions, sending merchants and mercenaries, build various outposts, send a couple of different military expeditions (pacify, punisch etc.), send the gunboats ...

I think I'll start over as Prussia today.

Btw, I noticed that you can build economic structures in foreign lands - how does that work, mechanics wise? I love that you can build an informal empire that way (think U.S. Fruit in Middle America or the British in Argentina), but what's the pros/cons for the investing party and for the country that gets those investments?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I think I have least 20 bucks in pennies in a jar.

Ed Anger

And after seeing how the full game runs (slow), I now have: buyer's remorse.