Sweden receives 500 steel and 500 goods

Swedish meatball season. All depots refill
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
Sweden receives 5 Infantry Corps

Sweden receives 500 steel and 500 goods

Swedish meatball season. All depots refill

Sweden loses a million Farmers to eat said meatballs.

USA wins a million Farmers in Midwest, with culture changed to Yankee.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2011, 02:38:08 PM
BY the way, can you really only play as one of the eight listed countries?  IS there no way to play as a minor?

Playing as Canada would be pretty boring.

Britain wants you to do x.  Do you say yes or hell yes.

Drakken

Skipping Belgium is rather disappointing, though. They might not have been strong militarily, but their industrial boom and Leopold II's singlemindedness in putting out a colonial Empire put them on the map.

It would have been a great Power for players who want to be play an industrial powerhouse with some colonial ambitions, but without too much military involved.

sbr

According to PhilThib:

QuoteI have already made events for HOL, BEL, TUR, SPA and POR...some are not yet active in the game because the nations are not playable, but they do have effects. The Belgian and Turkish events are fully operational (in 1.01C beta patch version)

Ed Anger

Restarted my Austria game. Spent the greater part of the first year getting the economy in order. AUSTRIA NEEDS MECHANICAL PARTS BADLY.

And Iron. And Coal. And Cotton/Wool.

Meanwhile, Prussia and Wuttumberg had a crisis over the North Pole(!). The supply of elves may fall into Prussian hands.

But at least I got 3 new generals to play with.

sbr

The North Pole crisis comes up a lot now, I just had one between S-P and Parma.

Ed Anger

Tamas

Yeah the north pole thing looks like a new bug introduced with the public beta patch :(

grumbler

I have found the new patch to be a considerably different game in my re-try at the US.  One of the things implemented was inflation (the game used to give notices about it, but not implement them). 

I also can alt-tab to the web page without crashing the game.

The game desperately needs a wiki, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2011, 10:01:52 AM

And I was reminded why I shouldn't buy enw games.  BY the time I sat down at the computer with everythign installed it was after 10.  I load up PoN, take a look at the zillion little buttons on the screen that I have no idea what to do with, take a look at an online tutorial that confuses me, realize I only have an hour to play anyways, so I quit and play an enjoyable hour of EU3 because at least I can jump right into the action.

This was my experience with AGEOD games.  The WWI one barely ran, and the Civil War had very poor documentation and tutorials.  Also I kept fighting major battles in Upstate New York.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

The the end of every turn there are dozens of messages about incoming and outcoming private capital and state funds.  Is there a ledger or summary screen that presents this information in a single chart?  haven't found one yet.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

szmik

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2011, 01:41:32 AM
Yeah the north pole thing looks like a new bug introduced with the public beta patch :(
They just replaced Samoa with North Pole instead of ramping up involvement needed to fire crisis.  :wacko:  How hard it might be to implement?   :rolleyes:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ed Anger

Colonialism seems speeded up a bit. Before, I was having to work to get 1-3% penetration. Now, 5-10% ain't much work.

sbr

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 15, 2011, 11:29:20 AM
The the end of every turn there are dozens of messages about incoming and outcoming private capital and state funds.  Is there a ledger or summary screen that presents this information in a single chart?  haven't found one yet.

Nothing great at this point.  The best bet is the tooltips on the F4 screen, hopefully they will do something better at some point.