Joplin Missouri Obliterated By Tornado, Over 150 Dead

Started by jimmy olsen, May 23, 2011, 05:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 05:46:34 PM
I think that front is coming through here now.  No tornadoes, just hail and a shitload of lightning.

We are about to be hit. it is 2 counties over and closing and it is producing tornadoes. I have placed the house on YELLOW alert.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Anyways, it look like it passed. I am extremely pleased that the twins took it upon themselves to drag their brother Michael down the stairs with them.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 23, 2011, 07:19:01 PM
Anyways, it look like it passed. I am extremely pleased that the twins took it upon themselves to drag their brother Michael down the stairs with them.
Thump, thump, thump, thump...
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Bluebook

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 05:20:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 23, 2011, 05:19:47 AM
Joplin is a dump.
Was it before the tornado though? :sleep:

But anyway, this has been one hell of a year for tornadoes. :huh:

Well, that is one of the effects of global warming.

Caliga

America's Heartland doesn't believe in liberal concepts like 'global warming'.  Hence, that can't be the reason.  When in doubt, blame GOD'S ANGER. :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: mongers on May 23, 2011, 01:19:15 PM
Good grief, that's bad news.

How much longer does the season have to go ?

Tornado season in North America runs January through December.  So, indefinately...

Razgovory

I believe Joplin is in Tornado alley.  It's not like they are uncommon there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point