Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Brazen on May 18, 2011, 04:29:11 AM
"Meat is murder. Fish is justifiable homicide."

Blue-fin tuna is tasty.  That's good enough for me :mmm:

Ideologue

Quote from: Slargos on May 18, 2011, 04:44:29 AM
"We"? Since when are you European, Ide?  :hmm:

Since my distant ancestors settled Spain, Ireland, England, Scotland, etc.  But perhaps I should've said Westerners.

Quote from: MonoriuI have no idea that you guys are *that* insecure 

Behold the east coast elite!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Slargos

Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2011, 05:34:38 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 18, 2011, 04:44:29 AM
"We"? Since when are you European, Ide?  :hmm:

Since my distant ancestors settled Spain, Ireland, England, Scotland, etc.  But perhaps I should've said Westerners.

Quote from: MonoriuI have no idea that you guys are *that* insecure 

Behold the east coast elite!

Probably an equally tricky label. Greeks may be European, but they sure as shit aren't Westerners.

If you consider "The West" as a monolithic entity [and conveniently "forget" that the claim to belonging to the "West" is tenuous to say the least for races like the Greek, Italian and most of Eastern Europe] we're far in excess of 1 billion anyway.

Ideologue

US (310m) + EU (501m) + Australia (22m ) + Canada (34m) + NZ (4m) = 871m.  I don't mind defining the West slightly more broadly, where basic values are more-or-less the same but some constituents were never historically part of Western Christendom.  Under this, it's easy enough to include Japan (128m), the RoC (23m), and the RoK (49m), and get 1.071 billion.

Russia is arguable, but I wouldn't feel comfortable including it.  I'm also not 100% sold on the RoC, but 1)I already looked up their population figure and 2)placing them in the civilized world is obnoxious, in that it makes them morally superior to unfree Chinese, and by embracing the Republic, one also neatly defuses any accusation of blind anti-sinicism.  Thanks, Chiang, you dumb, villainous bastard! :smoke:

Edit: Oh, right, I forgot the EU doesn't include Switzerland or Norway.  Add, what, 20m?  Those guys are useless anyway.  Like Norway's ever rescued anyone.  All you ever did for Western civilization was provide an opportunity for the Glorious to get sunk. :angry:

I wouldn't count Serbia even if they were part of the EU.  Romania can be in, though, whatever.  It can't be worse than Alabama.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Slargos

Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2011, 06:14:42 AM
US (310m) + EU (501m) + Australia (22m ) + Canada (34m) + NZ (4m) = 871m.  I don't mind defining the West slightly more broadly, where basic values are more-or-less the same but some constituents were never historically part of Western Christendom.  Under this, it's easy enough to include Japan (128m), the RoC (23m), and the RoK (49m), and get 1.071 billion.

Russia is arguable, but I wouldn't feel comfortable including it.  I'm also not 100% sold on the RoC, but 1)I already looked up their population figure and 2)placing them in the civilized world is obnoxious, in that it makes them morally superior to unfree Chinese, and by embracing the Republic, one also neatly defuses any accusation of blind anti-sinicism.  Thanks, Chiang, you dumb, villainous bastard! :smoke:

Edit: Oh, right, I forgot the EU doesn't include Switzerland or Norway.  Add, what, 20m?  Those guys are useless anyway.  Like Norway's ever rescued anyone.  All you ever did for Western civilization was provide an opportunity for the Glorious to get sunk. :angry:

I wouldn't count Serbia even if they were part of the EU.  Romania can be in, though, whatever.  It can't be worse than Alabama.

:lol:

You're preaching to the choir.

Norway rests in the same category as Somalia, whatever that is.  :nelson:

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2011, 06:14:42 AM

Switzerland + Norway = 10 M

Norway also added the words Quisling and Slalom to the world languages, not to mention inventing the paperclip.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.