News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Work Romance

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 16, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever dated/had sex with a co-worker?

Yes
14 (33.3%)
Yes and it was a person who reported to me
4 (9.5%)
Nope
24 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

MadImmortalMan

I met my wife at work. She reported to me.  :ph34r:

They say the majority of couples meet through their job, despite everyone saying it's a bad idea.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Monoriu

I also met my wife through work.  While she didn't report to me, I thought work romance would not work.  There were too many complications, too many possibilities of things going wrong, and no way of keeping it a secret. 

So I dated her immediately after I was transferred out of the department. 

Years later, she told me that she would have said no while I was still in that department  :ph34r:

HisMajestyBOB

Never.
Although I did twice go see movies with a coworker, on what in retrospect may or may not have been a date. :unsure:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Never shit where you eat.  Even the dumbest fucking animal knows that.

Barrister

I drunkenly made out with my legal assistant many years ago - right before she threw up in my living room.  I was game the next day to pursue a relationship, but she decided not to (and she got back together with her boyfriend a few weeks later).

I also dated a fellow lawyer (well articling student) before that.  That was a disaster in the end, but not because of the work stuff.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2011, 10:20:50 PM

I don't want to know what kind of things you do in your romantic life. : :yucky:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2011, 10:20:50 PM

I considered using that term as the thread title.  :lol:

sbr

I have both seriously dated and casually slept with co-workers, though never at a real job.  It was mostly in my younger life working in restaurants and bars. 

In my current life I am a contractor and am in and out of places of business and I have dated people I have met at work, but we weren't co-workers.  I would not date someone I directly work with but would date someone who works in the same building I might happen to be in.

katmai

I've dated people met on when at theater, tv station and on film jobs.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: sbr on May 16, 2011, 10:41:44 PM
I have both seriously dated and casually slept with co-workers, though never at a real job.  It was mostly in my younger life working in restaurants and bars. 

That's a good point. My case was a restaurant job too. There is a difference between that and a professional career job. I was already engaged by the time I had one of those...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on May 16, 2011, 10:41:44 PM

That shit doesn't count.  That's just fucking high school with ashtrays.

Monoriu

But on the other hand, if not from work, I have absolutely no idea where to find romance.  I'd probably still be single, and a virgin by now. 

Ideologue

I would, of course.

I don't think I'd pursue someone who reported to me, unless all those Naughty America videos are an accurate representation of reality.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 16, 2011, 09:35:43 PM
I met my wife at work. She reported to me.  :ph34r:

Now the tables have been turned, right.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Sadly no. Then again most lawyers are fugly.