News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Terreria - 2d Minecraft

Started by Tamas, May 15, 2011, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

:D

Add a FFFUUU after you realize what you've done to your ability to mine, and you're spot on.

I'm beginning to suspect that it's in fact not a lake, but rather the ocean by way of some sort of tunnel. My entire system is now flooded, and it's STILL dumping water into hell with ZERO sign of letting up. The surface of the pool I started from hasn't moved AT ALL for several hours.

Now the tunnel leads straight into a great chasm, with steep faces on both sides. Since I'm constantly accosted by worms and imps, I can't build any ledges to stand on, or breathing holes. I guess I could try the grappling hook before giving up and making a new tunnel..  :hmm:

Fucking pain in the ass.

Slargos

Hell is pretty goddamned annoying. Perhaps I have too weak armour for it, but it seems like you can't take more than a few fucking steps and there's another goddamned worm.

JonasSalk

Yeah, it's definitely almost impossible in SP, and quite difficult even with 2-3 other people with great gear.

Muramasa is bad ass. I got it and a ton of other neat shit from the dungeon I raided and it was awsum.
Yuman

Slargos

Hell is quite possibly the most irritating level I have ever played in any computer game.

Constant imp spawns.

Either overflowing with water, or constant risk of being pushed into lava.

Imp shots fast enough that you can't just take the hits and refill with potions.

I just spent 2 hours digging a hole into Hell, so at least now I can just drop down instead of walk, and I don't know whether to feel a sense of accomplishment, or whether to open my veins [down the street, not across].

HisMajestyBOB

The water is your fault :contract:
What weapon/armor are you using?
You can hit the imp's fireballs with your sword/pickaxe/etc. The timing can be hard but it does help.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

JonasSalk

Yeah, if you have Muramasa, you can constantly swing and their fireballs don't hurt. Also, if you get the Cobalt Shield like I did from the dungeon, you don't get knocked back when you get hit, so the imps can go fuck themselves.
Yuman

HisMajestyBOB

I just beat Skeletron  :cool:

The dungeon is a big pain though. It's like Hell, just with less lava.

JonasSalk

Yeah, doing the dungeon by yourself is insane.
Yuman

Slargos

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 31, 2011, 06:49:35 PM
The water is your fault :contract:
What weapon/armor are you using?
You can hit the imp's fireballs with your sword/pickaxe/etc. The timing can be hard but it does help.

Molten pickaxe. Shadow armour save for the pantaloons which are golden.

The problem is mostly that they spawn with such frequency that it's just not possible to keep them away for more than seconds at a time.

I guess I need to get the Cobalt shield, but it's a bit of a catch 22. I'm going to need the Molten stuff for the Dungeon, I expect.

Slargos

All that is good and well. It's possible to deal with the imps.

BUT WHAT IS UP WITH THE NEAR CONSTANT SPAWN OF WORMS.

JonasSalk

It goes without saying that you need 400 health for the Underworld.
Yuman

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: JonasSalk on June 01, 2011, 11:30:27 AM
It goes without saying that you need 400 health for the Underworld.

Lots of healing potions and being quick with the grappling hook/ivy whip seems to help, too.

Slargos

I found a place that wasn't flooded yet, and dug down to the bottom of the map. There they mostly left me alone.

I don't have any fancy weaponry yet, just the craftable stuff and I haven't found anything but the running boots so I'm not very mobile.

Imps can be dealt with. Worms can be dealt with in a way.

Both at once? And new spawns of worms the moment you've killed the previous one? Ridiculous combination.

But I guess I may have rushed Hell too soon since the Starfury and the Rocket boots would probably have helped immensely.

Regardless, I managed to mine enough for a whole set of Molten armour and the improved batarang, so I guess I'm good for a bit.

Josquius

I've tried it and...meh. It has nothing on minecraft. Placing stuff is hard.
██████
██████
██████

JonasSalk

Quote from: Slargos on June 01, 2011, 02:04:57 PMRegardless, I managed to mine enough for a whole set of Molten armour and the improved batarang, so I guess I'm good for a bit.

I'll have to get down and find the fire furnace thing somehow. Hmm.
Yuman