News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Terreria - 2d Minecraft

Started by Tamas, May 15, 2011, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

I'm 5 bars of silver away from a full set of silver armor. I already have a gold sword, and found the mirror, bottle of cloud, and have a grappling hook. Once I get the better armor I think I should be able to tackle either the dungeon, the corruption, or Imp-territory.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Dungeon, no.
Corruption, yes.
Imp, no.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

JonasSalk

Imp territory? I must have missed that one. Is that the jungle?

I've conquered the corruption and beaten two of the three bosses, plus with my MP game with friends, we killed a goblin army. Goblin armies are fucking sweet as hell.

I haven't tried the dungeon yet, however. The boss you have to fight for that one is apparently super tough, so I wanna wait until I've got more hearts and such first. I do have a lot of the great equipment, like the red balloon, cloud in a bottle, mirror (home teleport), and 3 rings of regeneration, which really really helps against bosses and on basic mobs in the jungle area, since they do so much fucking damage it's ridic.
Yuman

HisMajestyBOB

They're really deep, where the background of the caves gets kinda reddish and there's lots of lava.

Grey Fox

The devs refer to it as the underworld.

JonasSalk

Ahh, yeah. I plan on going there after the jungle areas. I might hit the dungeon boss pretty soon, too.
Yuman

Slargos

Mining meteorite is a fucking bitch.

Talking to the old mysterious man at night is not condusive to good health.

Mother Fucker.

HisMajestyBOB

Against my better judgment, I decided to go ahead and break the third shadow orb, summoning the Eater. Naturally, it doesn't take him long to kill me in the narrow cave, and I respawn at my house.
"Oh well, I'll clean up some of the loose crap I have here then go fight him again."
Suddenly, the boss music starts up... :blink:
and the Eater comes barreling into my home.   :o
To shorten a long story, I run out to a flat plain near my home and fight a rather long battle, using up most of my healing potions. When the sun starts setting and he's down to just a few short segments...
"You feel an evil presence watching you." :o :o
Yes the Eye of  :cthulu: shows up. And zombies, too, because it's night. :pinch:
A lucky sword swing takes care of the rest of the Eater, and I duel the Eye, mostly using the boomerang. Finally, the eye transforms into a big mouth, but oddly disappears when dawn arrives.

That was so much fun  :cool:
Now it's time to look for that meteorite, and figure out what I'm going to do with my haul of cool stuff. 

Grey Fox

The Eye despawns when day comes.

My map is bugged & my god damn meteorite didn't land.

@Slargos, you need some obsidian. Drop some water in Lava.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Slargos on May 29, 2011, 11:12:18 PM

Mother Fucker.

Mining meteorite is easy when you do it with dynamite. When there's fewer than 40-50 meteorite boxes left, the annoying orbs stop spawning.

I agree. This is why you need friends. I took him out for the first time last night with two other people.

The dungeon is insanely hard. Monsters spawn by the dozens and it's quite difficult to fend them off while looting the insanely-good stuff that's in the various chests. I got almost all of the great items last night.
Yuman

JonasSalk

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 30, 2011, 11:53:57 AM
Against my better judgment, I decided to go ahead and break the third shadow orb, summoning the Eater. Naturally, it doesn't take him long to kill me in the narrow cave, and I respawn at my house.
"Oh well, I'll clean up some of the loose crap I have here then go fight him again."
Suddenly, the boss music starts up... :blink:
and the Eater comes barreling into my home.   :o
To shorten a long story, I run out to a flat plain near my home and fight a rather long battle, using up most of my healing potions. When the sun starts setting and he's down to just a few short segments...
"You feel an evil presence watching you." :o :o
Yes the Eye of  :cthulu: shows up. And zombies, too, because it's night. :pinch:
A lucky sword swing takes care of the rest of the Eater, and I duel the Eye, mostly using the boomerang. Finally, the eye transforms into a big mouth, but oddly disappears when dawn arrives.

That was so much fun  :cool:
Now it's time to look for that meteorite, and figure out what I'm going to do with my haul of cool stuff.

Pro-tip for EoC and Worm fights: build two very long wooden platforms near where you want to fight and use a bow or other ranged weapon for the eye, and one of the Vilethorns (it's a drop from shadow orbs or chests) for the Worm. You can shoot them up or down constantly and they won't disappear into areas where you can't hit them. Bring potions. The fights help if you have meteorite armor with Vilethorn or Starfury, because they both need mana and mana regens way fast with a full suit of meteor armor, plus the set bonus does 20% less mana usage.
Yuman

Slargos

Quote from: JonasSalk on May 30, 2011, 03:44:03 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 29, 2011, 11:12:18 PM

Mother Fucker.

Mining meteorite is easy when you do it with dynamite. When there's fewer than 40-50 meteorite boxes left, the annoying orbs stop spawning.

I agree. This is why you need friends. I took him out for the first time last night with two other people.

The dungeon is insanely hard. Monsters spawn by the dozens and it's quite difficult to fend them off while looting the insanely-good stuff that's in the various chests. I got almost all of the great items last night.

I accidentally triggered the flying eye and got waxed. Then I stocked up on shurikens and healing potions and kicked its ass. So I now have the nightmare pick.

Currently I'm working on my obsidian generator. I think I spent almost 4 hours yesterday building it. Out of obsidian brick.  :blush:

This game is a massive time sink, and I'm still not really sure what the point of all of it is. Terrifying. I think I need to get rid of my computer and get something useless like an Apple.  :hmm:

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Slargos on May 31, 2011, 12:59:34 AM

This game is a massive time sink, and I'm still not really sure what the point of all of it is. Terrifying. I think I need to get rid of my computer and get something useless like an Apple.  :hmm:

Yeah. I'm now decked in Cobalt armor  and wielding a pretty good weapon, and there's really only two areas left to clear out. But I still find there are a lot of fun and neat things to do, like digging a drain under an underground lake, watching it fill in the cave system I had been using and then falling onto lava. Or doing the that with lava itself. Or going through a large cave system using the Ivy Whip and pretending to be Spiderman.  :blush:

Slargos

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 31, 2011, 12:21:59 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 31, 2011, 12:59:34 AM

Yeah. I'm now decked in Cobalt armor  and wielding a pretty good weapon, and there's really only two areas left to clear out. But I still find there are a lot of fun and neat things to do, like digging a drain under an underground lake, watching it fill in the cave system I had been using and then falling onto lava. Or doing the that with lava itself. Or going through a large cave system using the Ivy Whip and pretending to be Spiderman.  :blush:

:lol:

I just managed to inadvertently flood Hell while harvesting Obsidian and more or less dragging a fucking underground LAKE behind me as I burrowed deeper.

The up-side, lava isn't a problem.

The down-side, fighting imps and worms while under water so deep you can't go up for air is... difficult.  :D

HisMajestyBOB

I haven't found any lakes big enough for that, probably because I'm playing on a small map. :(
On the other hand, I now have a new idea - using the ocean to flood Hell.

I picture it turning out something like this: