Main Menu

Terreria - 2d Minecraft

Started by Tamas, May 15, 2011, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2011, 06:28:02 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 19, 2011, 05:49:39 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2011, 03:43:20 AM
I caved in and bought it. Twice the price as the yanks will pay, as per ush.

so about 2.5 more then the Canucks!

haha!

I went to the dungeon last nite. Got my ass handed to me by Floating Skeletons heads that have 6k of hp.

I will admit I've barely begun playing it, but I wonder two things:

What the fuck is the point of this game?

How the fuck do I exit it/is there a save function?  :mad:

It's like Minecraft. Kill shit, fuck around, build stuff.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Slargos

Right.

I switched the inventory to "E" and it didn't really feel natural to go to the inventory to exit the game.  :D

Anyway. Point? I mean, it's fun to build caves and hide from zombies, but it felt like that isn't the endgame.

Slargos

Well. Looks like it might be amusing. We'll have to do some languish game at some point.  :)

JonasSalk

Yeah, some of these monsters, especially the summoned ones, will require multiple people. There's a wiki out that helps:

http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Terraria_Wiki
Yuman

JonasSalk

Yeah, first thing you guys need to do is get the grappling hook. Holy shit.
Yuman

Slargos

I've been digging and digging and digging but all I strike is clay, stone and the occasional small vein of copper. No iron and certanly nothing more precious.

Goddamned piece of shit, this game.  :mad:

Slargos

Greaaaaaaagh! Dig my way down to what feels like the center of the fucking earth and suddenly strike Gold! [Literally]

Amethysts. Gold. Silver. Loads of iron. Oh my.

I will admit, I feel a bit embarrassed about how great that find was after such long and arduous work.

And then, a phone call. Haven't seen any enemies for half an hour so I just leave the game for 3 fucking minutes and a fucker stomps me in the meantime. Teleport back to start. NAAARGH!  :mad:

Hilarious game.  :D

JonasSalk

Yeah, build a house (fully enclosed) with a bed and you can set your start point at your house. I have the guide and the merchant NPCs inside my house now, plus full suit of copper/iron armor, a silver bow, and the motherfucking grappling hook.

Mining tip: Get an iron pickaxe ASAP. With that new pickaxe, mine downward at various angles, always putting up extra torches to light your way. You can use torches strategically to see portions of walls far beyond where you're at and see if they contain precious minerals. It takes a while, but eventually copper becomes useless and you start working up a nice supply of iron and silver.
Yuman

Slargos

I have the iron pickaxe. Currently working on mining the fuck out of the ground underneath my cave/house. I think I need a better location for my home, however, but I am loathe to leave it all given the miniscule amount of work I've already put into it.  :D

Scipio

Damn, this game is tough.  Almost like work.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

You guys need a map viewer. It helps a lot.

Slargos

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 21, 2011, 10:38:41 AM
You guys need a map viewer. It helps a lot.

Sounds like something that would take literally all the fun out of the game.

Grey Fox

I don't know. I still have fun.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 21, 2011, 12:30:29 PM

ZOMG

I'm tempted, where can I get?
Yuman

Slargos

Quote from: JonasSalk on May 21, 2011, 01:59:03 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 21, 2011, 12:30:29 PM

ZOMG

I'm tempted, where can I get?

Don't. It will ruin your game I guaran-fucking-tee you.

Where's the sense of accomplishment when you finally hit that sweet, sweet vein of gold? Nowhere, that's where.

No - where