Started by Josquius, May 10, 2011, 02:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I really hope Sweden doesn't win...
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Man, Azerbaijan's economy is going to collapse next year.

Martinus

Fucking Azerbajian. Our gaggle of gays unilaterally voted for Sweden. Still, the Azerbajian nelly should be happy. He and the girls won.

Josquius

Thank god it wasn't Sweden. Will be interesting for it to be over in Azerbaijan, good for them, I'm sure most people in western Europe don't even know where that is.
Apparently the woman is from London.
Really surprising winner though. It was crap.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 14, 2011, 05:25:23 PM
Thank god it wasn't Sweden. Will be interesting for it to be over in Azerbaijan, good for them, I'm sure most people in western Europe don't even know where that is.
Apparently the woman is from London.
Really surprising winner though. It was crap.

Sweden was cool. We decided the lead singer looked like my boyfriend, so I forced the rest to vote for him.

I think Germany was probably the best, artistic quality wise.

Legbiter

Does Azerbaijan even have electricity?  :huh:

And does this mean Italy has stopped pouting?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Our gaydars: still working:

Norgy

For some reason, I actually watched big parts of the show.
Apart from the appalling quality of the music, where only two songs really managed to stand out (and not because of qualitative difference, but rather a different sound), I found the show epilepsy-inducing and the German hosts about as charming as plastic forks.

I realise that I am not exactly in the target audience, and that it's primarily a camp-fest, but still...

Martinus

What did you expect? Eurovision is the "Gay Euroean Championship" (or the "Gay Superbowl", to put it in Yank terms). It's done by gays for gays. :P

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 15, 2011, 04:29:47 AM
What did you expect? Eurovision is the "Gay Euroean Championship" (or the "Gay Superbowl", to put it in Yank terms). It's done by gays for gays. :P
And the only people commenting on it are fags.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Our little party was a "a bit" surprised by Azerbaijan winning, not least because their entry seemed like such an unimaginative, boring song - but then again that seems to be what was sought after.

My favorites were:
France
Italy
Ireland
Slovenia
Denmark
with honorable mentions for Moldova, Sweden, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Why the fuck does Greece keep getting so many votes with such crappy entries? Hip-hop mixed with folk hymn? Seriously.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on May 15, 2011, 04:29:47 AM

Seems a bit too big to be done "for gays". Gays may be commonplace in the entertainment industry, but they're not that large a market.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2011, 06:18:01 AM
Our little party was a "a bit" surprised by Azerbaijan winning, not least because their entry seemed like such an unimaginative, boring song - but then again that seems to be what was sought after.

My favorites were:
France
Italy
Ireland
Slovenia
Denmark
with honorable mentions for Moldova, Sweden, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Why the fuck does Greece keep getting so many votes with such crappy entries? Hip-hop mixed with folk hymn? Seriously.

The French "operatic" number was mind-numbingly boring. He should have done some modern/pop/rock mash-up out of that song (the way the "opera aria" was done in the Fifth Element for example) but just singing it flat through the entire song was rather unappealing.