John Demjanjuk convicted of aiding murder of 27,900 Jews in Holocaust

Started by jimmy olsen, May 13, 2011, 01:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Norgy on May 13, 2011, 02:57:35 AM
Then again, maybe they should, since the willingness to prosecute the footsoldiers of genocide seems non-existent.
Wasn't this guy the ultimate foot soldier?  He was a Ukrainian aiding the Nazis to save his own life; that's as far from being a mastermind of a genocide as you can be while still being a part of it.

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on May 13, 2011, 02:09:06 AM
5 years? Yeah, that's miscarriage of justice alright. He should have got life (although in his case it's probably the same thing).

Life is too merciful for these motherfuckers, even as old as they are.

Slargos

Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 09:51:11 AM
5 years? Yeah, that's miscarriage of justice alright. He should have got life (although in his case it's probably the same thing).

Life is too merciful for these motherfuckers, even as old as they are.

Concur. We need to re-institute torture as a method of punishment.

I expect that with your extensive experience from the seduction community, you'll be a prime candidate for the position of head torturer.

HisMajestyBOB

There are still Nazis left to prosecute.

And the Holocaust and WWII are hardly the only genocides of the 20th century, so hopefully this will get the message across that Serbs, Croats, Bosniaks, Hutus and assorted others shouldn't relax completely.

Then again, maybe they should, since the willingness to prosecute the footsoldiers of genocide seems non-existent.

CSM has an article with the "top 5 Nazis still at large". Surprisingly, most of them have been living in Germany and Austria for the past 50+ years, with those governments reluctant to extradite them to the countries that want them (Netherlands and Croatia, for two).
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Drakken

Quote from: DGuller on May 13, 2011, 09:39:41 AM
Wasn't this guy the ultimate foot soldier?  He was a Ukrainian aiding the Nazis to save his own life; that's as far from being a mastermind of a genocide as you can be while still being a part of it.

It's hard to argue that one has been killing or accessory to killing 30,000 people for several days under duress, with no attempt made to escape or to resist.

Besides, the defence of obeying under duress would be part of a guilty plea, so the culprit would need to admit partial culpability. But Demjanjuk pleaded not guilty, so this defence is not used.

Drakken

Quote from: Slargos on May 13, 2011, 10:02:09 AM
Concur. We need to re-institute torture as a method of punishment.

I expect that with your extensive experience from the seduction community, you'll be a prime candidate for the position of head torturer.

Breaking a Jew-killing Nazi's neck on the noose and watching him dangle in the gallow's hole would be an instant turn-on to any sane man, better than any booty-shaking on the dance floor.

If there is a class of people deserving of no mercy, it's these. Even at 100 years old and missing teeth.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 13, 2011, 09:39:41 AM

If what he claims is true (and there is no reason to assume it is), then that would, I guess, maybe partially justify a ridiculously light sentence for murdering nearly 30,000 people.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Meh, not defending him at all.  I'm sure the guy was in a very, very shitty situation at some point, and I hope I'll never know what it was like to be in it.  That still doesn't excuse his actions, as he wasn't the only one in that same shitty situation.  Most people in that shitty situation did not wind up working with mass murderers.  I was just saying that he was hardly Eichmann.

Neil

Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 10:39:37 AM
Breaking a Jew-killing Nazi's neck on the noose and watching him dangle in the gallow's hole would be an instant turn-on to any sane man, better than any booty-shaking on the dance floor.
You just get weirder and weirder as they years roll on.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on May 13, 2011, 02:14:53 AM
Don't try to turn my words around.

He should be given a medal and a hero's pension.  :mad:
No, that's even more ridiculous than the ongoing witch hunts for Nazis, when anybody worth trying has been dead for decades.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Drakken

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2011, 10:53:02 AM

Not as weird as to actually root for and justify the crimes of a Nazi war criminal and have the gall to argue he should receive a Hero's welcome, even in jest.  :blink:

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2011, 10:53:02 AM
Quote from: Drakken on May 13, 2011, 10:39:37 AM
Woah, missed that gem the first time.  That was just genuinely disturbing.   :blink::wacko:

Drakken

Quote from: DGuller on May 13, 2011, 10:56:13 AM
Woah, missed that gem the first time.  That was just genuinely disturbing.   :blink::wacko:

Then you should fix your sarcasm-o-meter, and call Slargos on his naziesque bullshit instead.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on May 13, 2011, 08:23:30 AM
Heard they released him? :huh:
They will.  At his age, and with their soft Euro hearts, they'll be lucky if he does a year.