Yes, but I'm currently making a serious effort to quit
1 (1.7%)
No, but I used to be
8 (13.6%)
No, never picked up the habit
31 (52.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Eddie Teach

I've had cigarettes on maybe half a dozen different occasions throughout the years. If somebody offered me one right now I'd consider it. But luckily never got into it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

One to two cigs a year.

...So no.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jamesww

Never smoked a filtered cigarette, but have smoked tobacco along with other stuff.

Razgovory

Nope.  Never tried.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

I'm a regular smoker....in that I have two-three cigars a year.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quit smoking on Labour Day 2008.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zeus

It occurs to me that smart people would not be inclined to pick up the dirty habit.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

sbr

I smoked for around 19 years, probably averaged about half a pack a day over that time, maybe more.  I quit just over 3 years ago.  The last couple of years I smoked I absolutely hated it and quit for multiple months at least 3 times.  The last one finally took.  I do occasionally think a smoke sounds good but never anywhere near actually doing it again.

garbon

Quote from: Zeus on May 10, 2011, 09:45:54 PM
It occurs to me that smart people would not be inclined to pick up the dirty habit.
What's fun that isn't?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Only a handful in a typical year and so far none in '11, so never formed the habit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zeus

Quote from: garbon on May 10, 2011, 09:54:17 PM
Quote from: Zeus on May 10, 2011, 09:45:54 PM
What's fun that isn't?

Fair enough.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Capetan Mihali

Like the esteemed Admiral Yi, I smoke Winstons.  :smoke:

Started around 15 off and on, started buying packs around 16-17, really got going around 18-19, and it's been a "No Bull" life for me ever since...   :sleep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

All you judgemental types can all get caught in wood lathes.

viper37

Never touched the cig, nor the marijuana, nor anything you can smoke, except for some cigars when I was younger.  Seeing my friends using pot discouraged me from being like them.  Seeing my father smoke discouraged me from being like him.  Running naked in the street is not for me.  Coughing my lungs at 5:00 am every morning is not for me either.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Disgustingly vile habit!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point