News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you decorate a flat like that?

Started by Martinus, May 10, 2011, 05:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I am on the verge of hiring an interior decorator firm to help me finish/decorate my flat, and one flat I always liked was Brian's flat on the American version of Queer As Folk. The pictures of the flat (industrial loft style) can be found here:

http://www.angelfire.com/home/qaf/theloft.html

What do you think (and yeah, I know it's ultimately about what *I* like, but let me know what your opinions about a decor like this would be)?

CountDeMoney

Josquius

Looks somewhat cool, but...not very homely.
Such a style in a games room or the like would be good but to sleep and relax in such a place? Nah.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on May 10, 2011, 05:37:38 AM
Looks somewhat cool, but...not very homely.
Such a style in a games room or the like would be good but to sleep and relax in such a place? Nah.

Yeah, while I do appreciate a really cool looking loft, it would take some time getting used to sleeping in a place like that.  One step up from a cot in a Red Cross shelter set up in the local high school gym.  Get some dividers, for god's sake.

Queequeg

Jesus Fuck, no, it's hideous and dark.  It looks like some combination of a an art studio from the early 90s and the living quarters of the Battlestar Galactica.  What kind of homosexual are you?  If you have that much money you can do a lot better.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on May 10, 2011, 05:45:06 AM
Jesus Fuck, no, it's hideous and dark.  It looks like some combination of a an art studio from the early 90s and the living quarters of the Battlestar Galactica.

:lol:

Aren't lofts traditionally bright, airy places?  Unlike that Goth Chat one Marti has the link for?

Queequeg

Honestly, Marty, this is a terrible idea.  Any guy you bring home is going to get one look bland chair covered in an even duller fabric and convinced that you are about as gay as a coked up Bill Clinton set loose on a Varsity Cheerleader team filled exclusively with slightly chunky 17-18 year olds. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Larch

I always thought that TV shows and movies loved lofts so much because it must be really easy to film on them. They don't seem so well suited for actually living on them. Just thinking of the heating bills would send Mono into a frenzy.

Brazen

They've taken a massive, light and airy space and made it look dark and dingy. It also looks half-finished, like everything's under sheets until the decorator comes round. And you'd have to get rid of your cheetah-print fleece blanket.

Ed Anger

I'm going to ignore the thread subject, and give an off the wall recommendation. It is the Languish way.

70's decor. You'd love it.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Hate it.  Boring colors and dark. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Faeelin

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on May 10, 2011, 07:06:55 AM
And you'd have to get rid of your cheetah-print fleece blanket.

:weep: Think of the fleece Marty!