News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Household chores as a kid

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2011, 10:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Sticky? eh?

My sister is a lazy bitch who won't do anything.
I'm not going to do crap when she doesn't have to.
She isn't going to do anything when I don't.
The system works.

I pretty much just walk the dog.
██████
██████
██████

jamesww

This thread reminds me I need to repair/ buy a washing machine. pronto.  <_<

Jacob

I never had any chores. Where I did do stuff to help out it was more of just that - wanting to help out - than some imposed duty. No curfews either.

Malthus

We always shared the chores, and when we go up to the cottage, we still do - if someone does the cooking, someone else washes the dishes, that sort of thing.

That being noted, the cottage chores were somewhat gendered - chopping up wood or hauling water was a task for my dad or me / brothers, while cooking and clothes-washing was more likely to be done by my mom. 

One task I absolutely hated was gardening. My dad had a dream of being self-sufficient in organic, pesticide-free vegitables, which meant a truly astonishing amount of guarden-work, much of it unpleasant (like spreading manure, or my 'favorite' - picking potato beetles and grubs off potato plants, and dropping 'em into a can of kerosene hung around my neck). Naturally, I was dragged into spending my weekends on this. Cured me permanently of any back-to-the-land type fantasies (plus made me really appreciate pesticides - without chemicals, the bugs eat damn near everything before you do). 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

Right now, the wife does the cooking, and I do the cleanup. 

Except that she expects me to help with her cooking, while I do the cleanup myself  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

I washed dishes, took out the trash and mowed the lawn.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Whose chore is it to take care of putting up/taking down stickies?
Someone is slacking <_<
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Scipio

I brought you into this house, and I can take you out.

You want to live here, you pay rent or you work.

I'm not afraid to send you into the crawlspace.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

I tried to get out of any and all possible chores.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".