News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oblivion character generation, etc

Started by Alatriste, April 16, 2009, 06:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on October 16, 2009, 01:13:32 PM
OK, I'll get it then. I didn't want too many managers managing according to what they felt were right, leading to chaos. I loved the feeling I got in the jail when I played a Nord, and he were suddenly a lot bigger than the other characters. That's one of the mods, right?
Yes, I forget which mod it is that makes all the NPCs unique and the PC races different sizes. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Lucidor

Quote from: grumbler on October 16, 2009, 01:26:18 PM
OK, I'll get it then. I didn't want too many managers managing according to what they felt were right, leading to chaos. I loved the feeling I got in the jail when I played a Nord, and he were suddenly a lot bigger than the other characters. That's one of the mods, right?
Yes, I forget which mod it is that makes all the NPCs unique and the PC races different sizes. 
I'll keep my eyes out for the Nords with beards mod, I read about somewhere. :yes:

http://ballofflame.googlepages.com/balloffire%27soblivionmodlist

This list is quite helpful.

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on October 16, 2009, 01:30:40 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 16, 2009, 01:26:18 PM
I'll keep my eyes out for the Nords with beards mod, I read about somewhere. :yes:

http://ballofflame.googlepages.com/balloffire%27soblivionmodlist

This list is quite helpful.
Yeah, I think after I get through the FO3 DLC I will go back to Oblivion and see what's new.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

So grumbles gonna read this thread, but any other advice as i just bought the Collector's edition on Sale for my xmas present to myself :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on December 23, 2009, 03:06:55 AM
So grumbles gonna read this thread, but any other advice as i just bought the Collector's edition on Sale for my xmas present to myself :P
Play it for a while in vanilla mode to see what is changed by the mods.  Don't waste too much time in that mode, though.  :cool:

Bayraktar!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Quote from: grumbler on December 23, 2009, 09:07:02 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 23, 2009, 03:06:55 AM
Play it for a while in vanilla mode to see what is changed by the mods.  Don't waste too much time in that mode, though.  :cool:

It's not like it takes a long time to beat the Main Quest in vanilla once you get the hang of the game.  Actually, it can become pretty trivial.  I beat it with a character that didn't use weapons, armor, or offensive magic spells--and I'm not even good at the game.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on December 24, 2009, 09:59:01 AM
It's not like it takes a long time to beat the Main Quest in vanilla once you get the hang of the game.  Actually, it can become pretty trivial.  I beat it with a character that didn't use weapons, armor, or offensive magic spells--and I'm not even good at the game.
Part of my point was that, once he gets the hang of the game in vanilla, he should move on.  I only think I played the game with the main quest active once (the first time I played it).  With mods, the main quest becomes just a distraction after you play it through once (and that once shouldn't be vanilla).

Bayraktar!

Jaron

Don't forget to get a mod to turn quick travel off! grumbler and Vinraith can't bear to have the option in game, even if they have the choice not to use it! ^_^
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on December 24, 2009, 07:46:49 PM
Don't forget to get a mod to turn quick travel off! grumbler and Vinraith can't bear to have the option in game, even if they have the choice not to use it! ^_^
I can't?  :huh:  I didn't know that. 

I am embarrassed to say that I have never used any such mods because I didn't know that I could not bear having that option in game.  :blush:

You coulda told me before now!  :secret:

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I've still yet to finish the main quest on Oblivion.
Or BG2.
I'm one of those people who just get too diverted trying to do every side quest :blush:
Maybe I should boot up the game over my fortnight off and try and blast through.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

I haven't even played Oblivion beyond the tutorial dungeon yet. :blush: