News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oblivion character generation, etc

Started by Alatriste, April 16, 2009, 06:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: C.C.R. on August 31, 2009, 06:58:26 PM
Jocelyn will be seven in October -- about six months older than the start of Kapland.  Something else to make me feel old...

:blink:

Sorry gramps....  Knew it was around that time...jeesh.  :p
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

dps

Hmm.  Couldn't find the Oblivion disk.  So I installed Morrowind and started a game.  I haven't actually played it before--I never could get it to run properly on my old computer, but it runs fine on the new one.  So far, anyway.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on August 31, 2009, 11:03:00 PM
Hmm.  Couldn't find the Oblivion disk.  So I installed Morrowind and started a game.  I haven't actually played it before--I never could get it to run properly on my old computer, but it runs fine on the new one.  So far, anyway.
I envy you.  I can never again get the thrill of seeing things like Ald' Ruhn for the first time.  I stopped playing only because I'd done every quest unpteen times, and the new lands mods were just too sketchy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Korea

Quote from: Alatriste on April 21, 2009, 07:01:52 AM
Thank you.

I'm playing the PS3 version (it was a gift)but I will try to find the PC version too.

By the way, yesterday night, while exploring Derelict Mine, suddenly it started to rain goblins! Three of them, actually, jumping on me from above. Two died on landing and the third was such an easy kill it was almost demoralizing... you just can't trust chairborne guys!

I just had to share it.

I would love to try it on a PC since I found it almost unbearable on my sexbox.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

C.C.R.

Quote from: Korea on September 22, 2009, 10:35:26 AM
I would love to try it on a PC since I found it almost unbearable on my sexbox.

I haven't had a gaming console since I had a second-hand Sega Genesis in the late 90ies, so I have no frame of reference to compare PC Oblivion vs. XBox/PS3 Oblivion, but IMO the mod options out there alone definitely make the app. $25 for Oblivion GOTY for the PC more than worth it...

Lucidor

Trying to install mods for Oblivion now. The install directions for FCOM are loooooong, and not very easy to do all right. Can't someone just make a pack/installer of somesort?!?

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/fcominstall.html

Lucidor

I actually got it to work, by some shuffling around.

So - what alternate start mods are there, that are good, and what alternate levelling system do you recomend?

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on October 14, 2009, 04:27:51 PM
Trying to install mods for Oblivion now. The install directions for FCOM are loooooong, and not very easy to do all right. Can't someone just make a pack/installer of somesort?!?

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/fcominstall.html
FCOM was aiming at integrating a bunch of moving targets, as the sub-mods were all being improved at the same time, so an installer would have been obsolete in days.  I think the FCOM project was abandoned before the installer was made.

So, yeah, the mod is time-consuming to install, but is worth it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on October 14, 2009, 05:44:35 PM

So - what alternate start mods are there, that are good, and what alternate levelling system do you recomend?
I used alt start - Main Quest Cutoff and Kobu's Character Advancement System and was happy with both.

Bayraktar!

Lucidor

Quote from: grumbler on October 15, 2009, 06:48:23 AM

I used alt start - Main Quest Cutoff and Kobu's Character Advancement System and was happy with both.
I'll check them out, thanks. I understand the difficulties of integrating all those mods. I didn't know they were updated much at the time.

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on October 15, 2009, 11:53:54 AM

I'll check them out, thanks. I understand the difficulties of integrating all those mods. I didn't know they were updated much at the time.
You do use BOSS, do you not?  It makes FCOM a lot easier, and aids stability in general.

Bayraktar!

Lucidor

Quote from: grumbler on October 15, 2009, 01:48:32 PM
Quote from: Lucidor on October 15, 2009, 11:53:54 AM

You do use BOSS, do you not?  It makes FCOM a lot easier, and aids stability in general.
No, I went with Wrye Hack and the Oblivion mod manager or something. I still need it even after getting the mods in the recommended loading order?

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on October 16, 2009, 10:01:36 AM
No, I went with Wrye Hack and the Oblivion mod manager or something. I still need it even after getting the mods in the recommended loading order?
It will load all your other mods in the right order, as well.

Bayraktar!

Lucidor

Quote from: grumbler on October 16, 2009, 12:43:16 PM
Quote from: Lucidor on October 16, 2009, 10:01:36 AM
It will load all your other mods in the right order, as well.
OK, I'll get it then. I didn't want too many managers managing according to what they felt were right, leading to chaos. I loved the feeling I got in the jail when I played a Nord, and he were suddenly a lot bigger than the other characters. That's one of the mods, right?