News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WW2 scenarios for People's General

Started by Lucidor, December 25, 2009, 06:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

Doing a little nostalgia trip, I got People's General for free, and then downloaded the WW2 scenarios. I just got stuck in Norway, not putting enough forces to the west of the fjord to take Lillehammer and the town west of it in due time, so I'm going to restart.

http://panzercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41608 Game download and resources.

What a gem this is!

Razgovory

Are the WWII scenarios just like the ones in Panzer General II?  That sounds alot like the Norway Mission in that game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lucidor

Quote from: Razgovory on December 25, 2009, 08:33:31 AM
Are the WWII scenarios just like the ones in Panzer General II?  That sounds alot like the Norway Mission in that game.
Yes, but there are some new versions as well. Don't remember too much from PG2.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lucidor on December 25, 2009, 09:38:14 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 25, 2009, 08:33:31 AM
Yes, but there are some new versions as well. Don't remember too much from PG2.

It was a pretty good game.  About as historically accurate as a Turtledove novel, but lots of fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Cecil

Can you actually win these scenarios or are you stuck playing the historic redo like fucking PG3?

Cecil

In other info...I remember when I first beat PeG. 9/11-2001 about 9.50 EST. After that I went down to look on the telly what the man on the radio was yelling about. :)

Razgovory

I ran People's General.  Fun game, I looked at the units now that I know a bit more about military hardware.  Some bizarre values to stuff.  For instance the Javelin isn't as good as the Kornet.  Not to mention all the fantasy Chinese stuff.  What's odd is alot of the stuff that's still in use isn't the game.  T-72 and Type-59 tanks.  The most dated tank the Russians have is the T-90 (of which there is like a dozen or so in the Russian inventory today).  Curiously the best scout vehicle the Chinese have is the PT-76.

Razgovory

I can get the original version to work but not the patched version. :(

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!