News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cruise recommendations

Started by Caliga, May 05, 2011, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: stjaba on May 06, 2011, 04:04:44 PM
There are cruises designed for younger people(aka college age)- usually they feature all you can drink specials, and only go to 1 or 2 locations. I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for though.
Nope, since my brother doesn't drink and my wife and his girlfriend seldom do.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 06, 2011, 04:07:24 PM
I would imagine that the problem with a cruise is finding the right one. It would be lovely with the right people and ambience, but there is no escape if you have made a mistake and chosen the wrong cruise.
You can always sue:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/10/15/straight-italian-couple-sue-after-being-put-on-gay-cruise/

CountDeMoney

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 06, 2011, 12:17:16 PM
I saw that the thread was titled "Cruise recommendations" and thought that you would be looking for recommendations for what Tom Cruise film to watch. 

They're really all the same.

QuoteImagine my disappointment when I couldn't recommend the movie where Cruise's character was the best at something but he had to overcome adversity (and his own ego) in order to prove it...

:lol:

Scipio

I'm going to go on a cruise where I have to do fuckall, I am surrounded by my friends and family, and I get to eat and drink without regard for the cost of food and alcohol.  And then, every night, Wynton Marsalis and I play a two-hour set of top-shelf cool jazz, and the recording goes platinum.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

I know this ship's "godmother": Mariner of the Seas :)

You should go on that one.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Scipio

-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Monoriu

Quote from: Scipio on May 08, 2011, 03:41:59 PM
I'm going to go on a cruise where I have to do fuckall, I am surrounded by my friends and family, and I get to eat and drink without regard for the cost of food and alcohol.  And then, every night, Wynton Marsalis and I play a two-hour set of top-shelf cool jazz, and the recording goes platinum.

Is there a cruise that does not charge separately for alcohol?  :unsure:

OttoVonBismarck

I went on a cruise a few years ago, I have always been against touristy bullshit like cruises but we were sort of roped into it by another couple. It's one of those things that was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It's basically perpetual eating, drinking, and gambling and then rolling off the ship a few times to walk around different countries and then walk back on.

The one I went on went from Florida to Denmark (stopped in the Azores, Amsterdam, and Copenhagen), aside from the fact that Denmark is filled with pussy Euroweenies it was a fun trip, due to my time in Europe earlier in life I already knew that going in and was ready for the sad, effeminate state of the descendants of the proud Viking race.

Scipio

Quote from: Monoriu on May 08, 2011, 09:05:07 PM

A better question is, Is there a cruise featuring Wynton Marsalis?  Both are equally likely, I suppose.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

The Larch

Quote from: Monoriu on May 08, 2011, 09:05:07 PM

My cousing went to one last month. They had a flat rate for normal drinks and food and could pay an extra for premium stuff if they wanted.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2011, 03:52:14 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 06, 2011, 03:51:48 PM
Despite my misgivings, I think it is a good idea to try it at least once in a lifetime.  It is a pretty unique experience and some people have good reasons to like it.

That would be old people.
I went on a cruise in the summer of '09 and it was awesome.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point