News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Excrutiating

Started by jimmy olsen, May 06, 2011, 12:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2011, 01:05:49 AM
Cast for little toe? sheesh i didn't get squat after they reset it except a weekend off from work.
Seconded. I broke my toe walking into a coffee table. Drunk, probably. Here you get it treated the same if it's broken, sprained or bruised, just stuck to the next toe with adhesive strip, works as a splint.

jimmy olsen

Korean medicine is noted for its eccentricities, particularly the fondness for going to the hospital every day you have a cold, placebo shots in the ass, and their disregard for X-ray safety protocol.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2011, 01:58:08 AM
The pills seem completely ineffectual.

Unless it is Percocet or Vicodin, they will be.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2011, 05:48:51 AM

Unless it is Percocet or Vicodin, they will be.
Well I'm not going bitch too much, I've had a lot worse than a broken toe.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2011, 05:53:44 AM
Well I'm not going bitch too much, I've had a lot worse than a broken toe.

That's the spirit.  If it was your other leg, your cybernetically enhanced cyborg foot wouldn't have even felt it.  THEY USE IT IN THE SPACE SHUTTLE YOU KNOW

C.C.R.

I broke the big toe on my left foot when I was in high school.  I was playing softball with no shoes on & broke it sliding into second.  Second Baseman 1, Big Toe 0.

I never went to the doctor or anything, so twenty years later its still deformed.  No pain or anything, but I have to be careful when buying shoes -- if they don't fit just right the nub of bone jutting out of top of my toe just under the skin rubs goofy on the shoe & gives me a nasty callus, making it look even gnarlier...

:ccr

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Painful; been there, done that before, breaks or bone bruises on my toes.

Lucidor

I don't get the cast either. Buddha's throwing a birthday party? Where? Any kodiak bears showing up?

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2011, 12:25:58 AM
I fractured my left little toe. :bleeding:
And misspelled "excruciating." :bleeding:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2011, 01:10:57 AM
Just downed the first batch of the mystery pain pills they

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Lucidor on May 06, 2011, 08:44:36 AM
I don't get the cast either. Buddha's throwing a birthday party? Where? Any kodiak bears showing up?

Must have been a hell of a party ;)

Despite the eccentricities, Korean health care is still pretty modern, as long as you don't listen to the old people recommending ginseng for "stamina".
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Norgy

We shall see.  :shifty:

At least it's not the ribs, which means you will be able to sleep within the next few days.
I broke two ribs and fractured four when I fell on the ice with a 60 kg bag of firewood a few years back. The pain goes away, but fractures do seem to hurt more than clean breaks.
:(

C.C.R.

Quote from: Norgy on May 06, 2011, 12:27:22 PM

We shall see.  :shifty:

At least it's not the ribs, which means you will be able to sleep within the next few days.
I broke two ribs and fractured four when I fell on the ice with a 60 kg bag of firewood a few years back. The pain goes away, but fractures do seem to hurt more than clean breaks.
:(

I just bruised mine once & was in agony -- I can't imagine actually breaking or fracturing one or more.  The bitch with ribs is that its a lot harder to predict what body movements will hurt.  If you hurt your toe, just immobilize your foot (duh), but shit as random as pressing the "7" button on your remote control can set your sore ribs aching...

BuddhaRhubarb

a cast? lol. you can't cast a little toe. (tape it up sure but a cast? lol) I've broken both my little toes a few times each. hurts like a m-f-er for awhile but it only takes a few weeks for it to reset and be fine and dandy. Stubbing sucks especially when you hear that giant "CRACK! " hope you're not hobbled long Timmay.
:p