The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 02:15:29 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 18, 2011, 02:11:24 PM
Is Charleys Steakery, despite the title, not actually a steak place?
I'm in charge of deciding what is a steak place and what isn't, but I don't need to take the cheese into consideration when making my call because NOBODY BUT NOBODY PUTS BACON ON A CHEESESTEAK. :wacko:

Charleys Steakery = not a steak place. :mad:

But it is sooooooo good! It is that nice thick peppery bacon, all buried in the cheese....drool.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Well ok, but never ask for bacon on your cheesesteak in Philly unless you want to get beaten up. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 02:40:29 PM
Well ok, but never ask for bacon on your cheesesteak in Philly unless you want to get beaten up. :)

I thought I already made it clear that I won't be ever ordering one of those piece of shit cheesesteaks they make in Philly to begin with - the stuff I can get at the chain joint in the local mall >>>>>>>>>>>>> crap in Philly.

0 rows returned

Caliga

Berkut

0 rows returned

Caliga

Noremberg-like defenses won't work in the Philadelphia Cheesesteak Court, son. :menace:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maximus on May 18, 2011, 09:29:01 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 18, 2011, 09:19:26 AM
I went to Philly and was all "man, gotta try on of these famous cheesesteaks with cheez whiz!"
You gotta be kidding me. I thought they used real cheese on those.

Nope, a real authentic Philly Style uses Cheez Whiz.  It's an embarrassment to actual meat, and why Filthadelphia will always remain Filthadelphia.

CountDeMoney

And swiss on a cheese steak is the bomb.  Provolone is runner-up.

Except when it's a shtrimp cheesesteak.  Wiff extra shtrimp, yo.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 02:40:29 PM
Well ok, but never ask for bacon on your cheesesteak in go to Philly unless you want to get beaten up. :)
FYP.  Why anyone would go to Philly ever beats me.  I did it once, out of ignorance.  I didn't leave anything there, so never went back.

Philiy food is to food as Philly sports teams are to sports teams.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2011, 07:27:32 PM

This.  Like a motherfucker.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2011, 07:16:36 PM
Nope, a real authentic Philly Style uses Cheez Whiz.  It's an embarrassment to actual meat, and why Filthadelphia will always remain Filthadelphia.
Wrong.  Pat's and Geno's use cheez wiz because they're trying to serve as many people as quickly as possible.  But most steak shops don't use it nad growing up I don't recall ever getting served it or knowing anyone who asked for it.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2011, 07:28:08 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2011, 07:27:32 PM

This.  Like a motherfucker.
:lol: I cannot disagree. :blush:

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 07:36:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2011, 07:16:36 PM
Wrong.  Pat's and Geno's use cheez wiz because they're trying to serve as many people as quickly as possible.  But most steak shops don't use it nad growing up I don't recall ever getting served it or knowing anyone who asked for it.
None of the street vendors I bought Philly cheese steaks from in Philly ever used Cheez Whiz.  I'd gag and drop dead right there on the street if they did.

Caliga

:yuk: The only things that are acceptable to buy from a street vendor in Philadelphia are soft pretzels. :mmm:

...or WUDDER ICE in the summer. :cool:

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 07:45:55 PM
:yuk: The only things that are acceptable to buy from a street vendor in Philadelphia are soft pretzels. :mmm:

...or WUDDER ICE in the summer. :cool:
Their cheesesteaks are not quite Triple Stackers, true, but they're not bad.