The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2011, 04:09:16 PM
I remember hearing Rush howling with rage when Clinton supported welfare reform.

I remember him complaining about the missile strikes on Bin Laden's camp during the impeachment hearings.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 03, 2011, 04:05:20 PM
FoxNews, Newt Gingrish and that goofball Rush took the gloves off yesterday.

What did they say?

I demand that you give your President the credit he's due, Bilbo Teabaggins.

I think the President gave himself enough credit to make up for it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

citizen k

Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2011, 04:54:43 PM

What did they say?

Rush:
Quote"Ladies and gentlemen, virtually every tool, every apparatus, every technique, every policy used to affect a successful mission to kill Osama bin Laden was employed by this current administration and they campaigned on undermining and destroying and ending all of it. And now they claim credit for being gutsy and courageous when none of this would have been available to them if they had their druthers?"

dps

Quote from: citizen k on May 03, 2011, 05:00:52 PM

What did they say?

Rush:
Quote“Ladies and gentlemen, virtually every tool, every apparatus, every technique, every policy used to affect a successful mission to kill Osama bin Laden was employed by this current administration and they campaigned on undermining and destroying and ending all of it. And now they claim credit for being gutsy and courageous when none of this would have been available to them if they had their druthers?”

I suppose that if we all had our druthers, bin Laden would never have done anything that would have given us a reason to go after him.

Actions speak louder than words, and I've been very happily surprised by the President's foreign and military policy overall (and his election rhetoric never went as far as Rush suggests here, though that of some of his supporters did).

grumbler

Don't agree that George W. Bush should have given himself so much of the credit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: citizen k on May 03, 2011, 05:00:52 PM

Rush:
Quote"Ladies and gentlemen, virtually every tool, every apparatus, every technique, every policy used to affect a successful mission to kill Osama bin Laden was employed by this current administration and they campaigned on undermining and destroying and ending all of it. And now they claim credit for being gutsy and courageous when none of this would have been available to them if they had their druthers?"
People still give a shit what Rush Limbaugh says?  :huh:

I mean, there is a guy who discovered that a schtick is entertaining, so thinks it will be 200 times as entertaining if he just repeats the exact same schtick 200 times.

He's worse than Neil in that regard.  And nobody really pays any attention to Neil.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: grumblerPeople still give a shit what Rush Limbaugh says?  :huh:

I mean, there is a guy who discovered that a schtick is entertaining, so thinks it will be 200 times as entertaining if he just repeats the exact same schtick 200 times.

He's worse than Neil in that regard.  And nobody really pays any attention to Neil.

People would pay attention to Neil if:

A)  he was an American, and

B)  had a nationally syndicated radio program.

Kinda scary, isn't it? 

:)

jamesww

Just watch this report by Lindsey Hilsum, Channel 4 news, it has a lot of details about the compound and how much it stood out locally:

http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-up/display/playlistref/030511/clipid/030511_4ON_OSAMAPAKISTAN_03

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 03, 2011, 04:10:45 PM

Why don't you just save us the time and say right now that any praise I give the president is not enough?

Any praise you give the president is not enough.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Larch on May 03, 2011, 03:47:32 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 03, 2011, 03:42:12 AM
I expected we would hear about intel gathered during the raid, what has not been said yet is if they took anyone alive, does not seem that way, but then that means there was only 4 people in the house? Hmm.

At some point it was mentioned that 2-3 people were taken prisoner and would be transported to Gitmo, but details seem to be wavering. For instance, it seems that there are contradicting reports regarding the killing of the bin Laden wife that was in the building, about wether he was armed or not, and about the woman used as a human shield.

"He should have armed himself."

Alcibiades

I expected we would hear about intel gathered during the raid, what has not been said yet is if they took anyone alive, does not seem that way, but then that means there was only 4 people in the house? Hmm.

Not sure if it's been responded to yet, but I read that 22 people were in the compound and 3-4 were killed, the rest detained.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 03, 2011, 07:32:11 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 03, 2011, 03:47:32 AM

At some point it was mentioned that 2-3 people were taken prisoner and would be transported to Gitmo, but details seem to be wavering. For instance, it seems that there are contradicting reports regarding the killing of the bin Laden wife that was in the building, about wether he was armed or not, and about the woman used as a human shield.

"He should have armed himself."

He chose...poorly
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 03, 2011, 07:32:51 PMNot sure if it's been responded to yet, but I read that 22 people were in the compound and 3-4 were killed, the rest detained.

The rest were probably shitting themselves when the heavens opened, and Seal Team Six cast judgement upon them.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point