News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Western Governors University

Started by Eddie Teach, April 24, 2011, 06:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Anyone have any experiences with this school, its students or its reputation that they'd like to share?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Several of my employees have used this school, and it's been very good. You can knock out a bunch of credits for very little money if you're motivated, apparently. Probably better for some fields than others I would say. FWIW, all the people I know who used it were in some sort of IT degree program. can't speak for the business or other programs. The actual classes are all with normal colleges (UCal  system, Utah, Oregon, NMState, etc) in a partnership arrangement.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Have any of them tried transferring credits to other colleges? Their accreditation seems to be all well and good but I'm no expert in such matters. I've seen one complaint about their courses not transferring(couple people argued against this person) and a few about dealing with their financial aid office but mostly good stuff.

MadImmortalMan

No, I don't know. The grading model is not standard so there might be issues. I had a ton of issues transferring credits from one major normal university to another because the first one was on quarters and the second was semesters. So I'd imagine similar issues would apply here.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Alright, thanks for the feedback. :)