News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dumb criminal stories

Started by Barrister, April 27, 2011, 12:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I just reviewed a file.  Woman is stopped by police on suspicion of an impaired driver.  One of the passengers knows she has an outstanding warrant for her arrest, so she lies to police and gives her sister's name.

Little does she know that he sister ALSO has a warrant for her arrest, so they start to arrest her anyways. :lol:

I'll try and remember to add to this thread on occasion...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Strix

We have had similar idiotic things happen where I work.

A parolee managed to sneak substitute urine past an Officer during a drug test but admitted that it wasn't his urine when it tested positive for heroin (parolee was positive for marijuana).
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

KRonn

Clearly that poor woman is a victim of over bearing authority figures!!!

Barrister

I saw a file the other day with a guy being charged for stealing a vehicle from a dealership.

He apparently forgot that he had left his driver's license behind at said dealership though.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2011, 12:35:18 PM
I just reviewed a file.  Woman is stopped by police on suspicion of an impaired driver.  One of the passengers knows she has an outstanding warrant for her arrest, so she lies to police and gives her sister's name.

Little does she know that he sister ALSO has a warrant for her arrest, so they start to arrest her anyways. :lol:

I'll try and remember to add to this thread on occasion...
How is that dumb?  She would be dumb if she knew that her sister also had a warrant.  It sounds like she was simply not sufficiently informed.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Strix on April 27, 2011, 01:38:07 PM
We have had similar idiotic things happen where I work.

A parolee managed to sneak substitute urine past an Officer during a drug test but admitted that it wasn't his urine when it tested positive for heroin (parolee was positive for marijuana).

:lol:

"Hold up.  You said positive for what now?!"

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2011, 01:48:00 PM
I saw a file the other day with a guy being charged for stealing a vehicle from a dealership.

He apparently forgot that he had left his driver's license behind at said dealership though.
Steuff like that happens all the time.  people signing out employee forms or prize tickets with accurate info while waiting for places to clear out of customers  before robbing it are my favourite though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

I'd think that "dumb criminals" is the generality. It is smart criminals who are exceptional.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on April 27, 2011, 02:47:34 PM
I'd think that "dumb criminals" is the generality. It is smart criminals who are exceptional.  ;)
But smart criminals wear suits and call themselves lawyers :(

or alternatively CEO's, but i wnet with lawyers :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

This is of course true.

But some crimes are just as anxtra special kind of stupid.

KRonn

I liked the one where the guy robbed a bank, while wearing his High School jacket with his name on it.   :D

Or the people who call the cops because someone cheated them on a drug transaction. Classic!    :lol:

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 27, 2011, 02:50:30 PM
But smart criminals wear suits and call themselves lawyers :(

or alternatively CEO's, but i wnet with lawyers :P

Exactly - smart criminals are those who, like CEOs, bankers, accountants, lawyers, investment consultants and the like, have figured out how to get people to give them lots of money.   :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Wasn't there a tv show TLC about dumb crimanal activities caught on tv?

Also, does anyone recall when TLC turned from The Learning Channel into the Midget, Babies, and Police footage channel?