What from your childhood would be UNTHINKABLE today?

Started by Malthus, April 15, 2009, 09:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2009, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2009, 04:20:00 PM
Funny thing about boys, even when their mothers try their best to keep anything remotely resembling a gun away from their child a boy will always find a way around that.

I don't ever remember wanting to play with guns except for when visiting my male cousins.  I generally stuck to my action figures.

Of course, I also played house and barbies with my sisters. :blush:
OMG it was the same with me.

I had He-Man action figures. And played with barbies.  :blush:

I did love swords and knights, though.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 04:03:50 PM
I don't think I am over-protective, but at the same time, I think some of the things my parents let me do was simply stupid.
Well, you turned out we... oh right.  :(

crazy canuck

I don't ever remember wanting to play with guns except for when visiting my male cousins. 

So even you could not avoid the boy/gun attraction.

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 04:56:42 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2009, 04:20:00 PM
Funny thing about boys, even when their mothers try their best to keep anything remotely resembling a gun away from their child a boy will always find a way around that.

I don't ever remember wanting to play with guns except for when visiting my male cousins.  I generally stuck to my action figures.

Of course, I also played house and barbies with my sisters. :blush:

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2009, 04:57:58 PM
I don't ever remember wanting to play with guns except for when visiting my male cousins. 

I think his attraction had to do with a different type of "guns" though. :P

crazy canuck

We have identified an early detection method.  Can a cure be far behind.

Martinus

Speaking of which, my homophobic colleague from work recently told me that he bought his 4 y.o. son some toy knights. His son promptly undressed them and started to hit one of them against the other. When my colleague asked what they are doing, his son replied that they are kissing.

I roared with laughter, inwardly.  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 05:02:08 PM
Speaking of which, my homophobic colleague from work ...

I wasnt refering to early detection for gays.   Very few of the gays around here act like you. :P

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2009, 05:04:12 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 05:02:08 PM
Speaking of which, my homophobic colleague from work ...

I wasnt refering to early detection for gays.   Very few of the gays around here act like you. :P
:P

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2009, 04:57:58 PM

It was short lived though as their dog (half wolf, half german shepard) would try to attack anyone that pointed fake guns at them.

I remember now though, that my sister and I often played with water guns.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I had superheros, ninja turtles and transformers. :wub:

I also had My Little Pony, Barbies, and Polly Pocket. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 04:59:09 PM
I think his attraction had to do with a different type of "guns" though. :P

I liked the type of guns that you can see at the gun show. :goodboy:

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 04:03:50 PM
Then I had kids, and realized that there was no fucking way I could handle something happening to them. I still cannot really relax when the younger one (almost 6) is outside playing and we are not out there keeping an eye on her. And we live in a extremely safe, friendly, and middle class neighborhood.
And that's the thing.  Even if you think you're smart, you're still vulnerable to the mass hysteria that the media peddles, down in your deep psychology.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on April 15, 2009, 03:48:03 PMOh yeah the guns thing. Carl has taken to playing shooting type imagination games - pretending he's shooting "monsters" with a stick, for example. My wife fretted mildly about that but I put my foot down - he can play such stuff if he wants to in my opinion.

:menace: Good job, groom him for the armed forces.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points