News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wisconsin facing record 8 recalls of lawmakers

Started by jimmy olsen, April 25, 2011, 08:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

This should give us a bit of insight into how swing voters and independents are leaning for 2012

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/04/wisconsin-facing-record-8-recalls-of-lawmakers-/1
QuoteWisconsin facing record 8 recalls of lawmakers
05:40 PM

By Michael Winter, USA TODAY
92 Comments 3 Recommend

CAPTION
By John Hart, Wisconsin State Journal/AP
The voter fury triggered by Gov. Scott Walker's anti-union budget fix has spread across Wisconsin, with a record eight recall petitions filed against Republican and Democratic lawmakers, the Wisconsin State Journal writes. And, with three weeks to go until the mid-May deadline for signatures, that number could grow.

Four petitions were submitted Thursday. As it stands, voters are being asked to recall five Republicans and three Democrats.

Until now, the state's election watchdog, the Government Accountability Board, has not had to handle more than one recount at a time. It comes as the agency is also overseeing a statewide recount in the state Supreme Court race between incumbent Justice David Prosser and Assistant Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg. Final tallies show Prosser winning by 7,316 votes.

The board said the recount is set to begin Wednesday.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

DGuller

Let's wait until the actual recall elections happen.  Just because some politicians are put up for recall doesn't mean that it's a foregone conclusion.

Caliga

Tim was President of the Quick Recall Club in college, so he is entitled to squawk chicken little on this topic, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I want Tim was recalled. Into a woodchipper.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2011, 12:11:20 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 25, 2011, 03:18:43 PM
I was Tim was recalled. Into a woodchipper.
You was me! :o

D'oh! I need to stop posting while hopped up on muscle relaxers.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 07:34:50 AM

No-- keep doing it.  I get some funny-as-shit emails from my brother when he takes his late evening meds & decides to stay up rather than go to sleep like he's supposed to.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2011, 09:03:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 07:34:50 AM

No-- keep doing it.  I get some funny-as-shit emails from my brother when he takes his late evening meds & decides to stay up rather than go to sleep like he's supposed to.

Heh.

Dear Twinkie the Kid,

I purchased your product on April 1st and once again noticed that the Twinkies have shrunk. I am flabbergasted that you have shrunk your golden delicious sponge cake again. Please correct this injustice.

yeah, I better watch the pills.  :Embarrass: