Main Menu

Mobtown, my Mobtown

Started by CountDeMoney, April 23, 2011, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeus

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2011, 10:52:18 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2011, 10:38:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2011, 10:25:25 AM
Interesting, I never see anyone line up at the bus stop at 14th st near 3rd avenue...and there are lots of black people that wait there.

Maybe they are Latinos in black face.

Yeah, although I'd bet what's more likely that Zeus is a tool - which is probably why we are hostile to new posters (from other place or lurkers). :(

What's your definition of a tool?
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

LaCroix

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2011, 08:35:23 PM'there's no such thing as race!' line.  That's so cute.

genetic diversity? ok, but then most everyone else still uses it incorrectly, and it still would not be based on skin color

garbon

Quote from: Zeus on April 25, 2011, 12:29:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2011, 10:52:18 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2011, 10:38:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2011, 10:25:25 AM
Interesting, I never see anyone line up at the bus stop at 14th st near 3rd avenue...and there are lots of black people that wait there.

Maybe they are Latinos in black face.

Yeah, although I'd bet what's more likely that Zeus is a tool - which is probably why we are hostile to new posters (from other place or lurkers). :(

What's your definition of a tool?

QuoteA person, typically male, who says or does things that cause you to give them a 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look. The 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look is classified by a glare in the tool's direction and is usually accompanied by muttering of how big of a tool they are. The tool is usually someone who is unwelcome but no one has the balls to tell them to get lost. The tool is alwasys making comments that are out-of-place, out-of-line or just plain stupid. The tool is always trying too hard to fit in, and because of this, never will. However, the tool is useful because you can use them for things; money, rides, ect.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zeus

Good thing fitting in is the last damn thing I wanna do. And I also don't quite fit the useful criteria.

garbon

Actually you were useful as an example of why Languish fails to "get" "new" people. :) :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zeus

Cause most people can't handle the dickery?

Malthus

Quote from: Zeus on April 25, 2011, 03:37:12 PM

Nailed it in one ...  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Actually I think new people struggle with the notion that they aren't expected to join in swinging from day 1.  It's sort of like this new person in my office. We all rag on one another, but it still doesn't quite work out for her to be ragging on one of the higher ups on day 3. Needs to prove her chops and all that.

Strix

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2011, 11:16:20 AM
I suspect that a 5th Degree Felony, as all Felonies carry the risk of at least a year of prison time.  That is sort of the definition of a Felony.  At least in the US.

It depends on the state.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Zeus

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2011, 03:49:00 PM

Actually I think new people struggle with the notion that they aren't expected to join in swinging from day 1.  It's sort of like this new person in my office. We all rag on one another, but it still doesn't quite work out for her to be ragging on one of the higher ups on day 3. Needs to prove her chops and all that.

Sounds like you expect people to take shit for a while in order to dish shit. Most new people don't, I expect, appreciate that. Good thing I'm desensitized to it. Xbox Live FTW.  :D

Neil

I dunno.  I new person whose knowledge of dreadnought battleships was sufficient would probably move up the ladder pretty quick.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

And since it's Spring, time for the tradional Runnin' O' the Dazzling Urbanites, quickly followed by the Runnin' O' the Tourists.

QuoteTeen stabbed as police struggle to disburse crowd downtown

A teenager was stabbed as police struggled to disperse a large group of young people who converged downtown Monday evening, Baltimore police said.

The teenager, who was injured shortly before 10 p.m. near the intersection of Gay and Fayette Streets, was taken to a nearby hospital with non life-threatening injuries, said Nicole Monroe, a police spokeswoman. She did not know the victim's age or gender.

A least 100 teenagers roamed the streets near the Inner Harbor, City Hall, the Convention Center and the First Mariner Arena for more than two hours as police used megaphones to order them to leave.

About a dozen police cars and wagons, lights flashing, were parked along Calvert and Pratt streets. Police officers twirled espantoons and opened the wagon doors as they shooed the teens along.

The young people walked in large, boisterous groups and did not appear to be heading toward a destination. Asked why they had gathered downtown, one young person said, "It's the day after Easter."

Another explained, "It's spring break night."

It's become a yearly event in recent springs and summers;  the Dazzling Urbanites tweet and twitter to converge downtown at night, ramage through the Inner Harbor, suckerpunching tourists and snatching purses.  They pushed a poor Indian tourist into the Inner Harbor last year, who subsequently drowned, so I can't wait to see what they do to top that during Wilding 2011.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2011, 06:54:15 AM
And since it's Spring, time for the tradional Runnin' O' the Dazzling Urbanites, quickly followed by the Runnin' O' the Tourists.

QuoteTeen stabbed as police struggle to disburse crowd downtown

A teenager was stabbed as police struggled to disperse a large group of young people who converged downtown Monday evening, Baltimore police said.

The teenager, who was injured shortly before 10 p.m. near the intersection of Gay and Fayette Streets, was taken to a nearby hospital with non life-threatening injuries, said Nicole Monroe, a police spokeswoman. She did not know the victim's age or gender.

A least 100 teenagers roamed the streets near the Inner Harbor, City Hall, the Convention Center and the First Mariner Arena for more than two hours as police used megaphones to order them to leave.

About a dozen police cars and wagons, lights flashing, were parked along Calvert and Pratt streets. Police officers twirled espantoons and opened the wagon doors as they shooed the teens along.

The young people walked in large, boisterous groups and did not appear to be heading toward a destination. Asked why they had gathered downtown, one young person said, "It's the day after Easter."

Another explained, "It's spring break night."

It's become a yearly event in recent springs and summers;  the Dazzling Urbanites tweet and twitter to converge downtown at night, ramage through the Inner Harbor, suckerpunching tourists and snatching purses.  They pushed a poor Indian tourist into the Inner Harbor last year, who subsequently drowned, so I can't wait to see what they do to top that during Wilding 2011.
FlashMobTown?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

A tourist should know better than to go somewhere with blacks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

QuoteIndian tourist

Dell's tech support guy. His name? "Dave".
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive