News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Finished the campaign for the Warhammer Quest cardgame. Loved it, and the group enjoyed it a lot. It made me think of introducing Pathfinder to them, since they loved the whole "improve your heroes through a campaign" approach (they are all former pen-and-paper RPGers).

Since Tamas is our resident Pathfinder CG expert... what's your opinion on the "Wrath of the Righteous" set that came out last year? I've only played the Runelords set.

Tamas

I am yet to buy the Wrath box, but I have high hopes for it.

The second box, the pirate-themed one, is a marked improvement over the Runelords set in terms of challenge and variety, as well as clearness of rules and card texts. Only thing dragging it down is the theme, as I couldn't care less for fantasy pirates.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on February 23, 2016, 06:25:53 PM
How many players does it allow?

In theory you can assign the major powers to different players without any hassle (all have separate pools of resources and units), but there are no inidividual victory conditions.
It is a two players game that can be co-oped by whatever number of players between 2 and 6-7.

celedhring

Yeah, what holds me back from buying the pirate box is that my group won't care for that theme either. I could get Runelords and play it again I guess. I suspect it might be better for people new to the game, too.

Tamas

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

No one said they wanted to play his game.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Seedy, Ed;

Chris Fasulo

The ramp up to CSW Expo in Tempe is beginning. I am working on readying the XLVIII PzK games and have a good start on their being ready. What we need now are players interested in joining our crew. If you have an interest in running a Panzer Division or elements of the Red Army please contact me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 30, 2016, 08:15:15 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2016, 08:09:48 PM
East front bores me.

You sir, suck.

salutations,

You may gently lick my taint. I'll even wash first.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed prefers the Med, where he can pretend he's Monty and beat up on dago wops.

It's the only time he can wear a beret and knee-high cheerleader socks with little pom poms on them and not get his ass kicked.